Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I see 14 does in the closing minutes of hunting on Saturday. They started coming into my food plot from the neighbors property at 5:30. A group of 7-5-1-1. Might have been more after too dark to see.

There's a storm front of rain, snow, ice to the West just on the over the state line in Indiana headed this way. Looks like be here around 7:00. Be safe out there. This should make the deer feed this morning and probably the reason so many were feeding last night.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Damn it just turned bad here. Ground covered in snow almost a white out.
Creek up and got 2 wet feet. Good thing I have a heater an sleeping bag.
wife on way to willington hopeshe out runs the snow 1-3 "
wonder why l'm here.lol

Last edited:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Temp dropped to 27 wind picked up to 18 and gusting 30.
got a 1" crack around door facing wind keeps inside temp down.

Cephas50

Here ya go , happy to be done . But this wasn't my target . Just a poor random buck who I haven't seen or gotten pictures of despite running multiple cams here since early sept .

I can't see the pic but congrats! Way to stay persistent. I just moved to Wooster a few months ago. Seems like a great area!

Diablo54

Outside
Good luck everyone. I'm Siting in a brush blind along a creek bottom watching corn.

Just watched a juvenile owl take two swoops at a big mink. Missed him twice due to the mink hopping in some brush at the last second. About 15 yards to my right.

Probably a good thing. Id say mr. Mink would kick the owls ass

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
3 more does from the west.
other 4 got nervous and went into my woods
down wind of me
4 now
doe walking to me
5 now
same thing they got to 100 yds down wind and went in my woods

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I pack at 6:00
6:15 I open the door and step out and there stands 5 80 yds away that just came out of the neighbor's woodd.
they just stsnd and mill around looking at me so I figured they seen me so I leave. They just eatched me climb done and walk to my sunken trsil
Hopefully they weren't too scared to come back.
total of 16 skin head deer tonight and 14 last night.
where are all the buvks?
Heard one possible shot at 5; 50 or someone unloading.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I didn't venture out this morning because of the blizzard so I made it a point to go this evening to some public land. I stalked around a bit looking for tracks, posted up in a spot and hunkered down. Then the wind and snow kicked back up. It was brutal, blowing right in my face. I toughed it out for a while then around 4:45 I said screw it and started back toward the truck. Wouldn't you know it, on my way back I spot a small deer in the brush. I threw the binos up and confirmed it was a fawn. I him-hawed around trying to decide whether to shoot it or not... I decided I wanted more meat for snack sticks, so I circled around and snuck in closer. I couldn't see the deer from my new direction so I just crept in real slow with my gun ready. Sure enough it jumped up and trotted out front of me. At about 60 yards on a slow run I peeled that tender little sucker. The snow made for a nice easy drag out with my jet sled.

Status
Not open for further replies.