Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartLunger

Surprisingly there is very little pressure this year around where I live. Deer are actually still acting like deer from what I've seen.

Must be nice. Totally skunked today unless you count the deer I saw on our bow only property. :'-/

Jason Short

Wayne County
Skunked again tonight, I did a little bit of still hunting with the wet ground since all my sitting spots were covered up in other hunters and accidentally stalked up on another guy. Being limited to public sucks during gun lol, but I do enjoy toting a shotgun around

teej89

NE PA
got my bud got his first muzzy kill, i think his 3rd? deer ever yesterday. I just sat in the passenger seat and had a freaking blast, I was shaking and I wasn't the one shooting lol I can see how you dads out there get so much enjoyment watching your boys/girls hunt.

We got setup at 3:30 and saw a doe at 4 but she was too far out then at 430 I saw some deer working towards the field. Threee came out and they were all small, they kept looking back and i said just wait there's one more. An ole nanny doe popped out. I told him to let em feed for a bit cuz they were working towards us. Well..... they worked up to 80yds and He whiffed and was upset... to his credit he's never shot an inline and didn't realize there was a little delay for the gun to go off.

With 30min of shooting hours left he wanted to just go home and I glassed down across the field and said nope we're going after those two.

After a bit of a stalk we got within 125yds and he knocked it down in it's tracks with one shot. Man that was exciting! I gave him an option, either you gut or you drag, he ended up dragging lol

Isaacorps

Columbus
got my bud got his first muzzy kill, i think his 3rd? deer ever yesterday. I just sat in the passenger seat and had a freaking blast, I was shaking and I wasn't the one shooting lol I can see how you dads out there get so much enjoyment watching your boys/girls hunt.

We got setup at 3:30 and saw a doe at 4 but she was too far out then at 430 I saw some deer working towards the field. Threee came out and they were all small, they kept looking back and i said just wait there's one more. An ole nanny doe popped out. I told him to let em feed for a bit cuz they were working towards us. Well..... they worked up to 80yds and He whiffed and was upset... to his credit he's never shot an inline and didn't realize there was a little delay for the gun to go off.

With 30min of shooting hours left he wanted to just go home and I glassed down across the field and said nope we're going after those two.

After a bit of a stalk we got within 125yds and he knocked it down in it's tracks with one shot. Man that was exciting! I gave him an option, either you gut or you drag, he ended up dragging lol

Good stuff!

townzen

Great story. I TOO love seeing the excitement of others in the field!

Status
Not open for further replies.