Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
With the lack of ducks and geese around right now I'll be back in the stand by the end of the week. The freezer is low and I don't know if we'll survive the winter without any venison.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Plan on squirrel hunting the morning. Do a little deer recon while in the woods to see if my son has a chance of seeing any if we sit in the buddy stand.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Really??? And what would that be lol......

Drinking scotch is like marriage All in one drink. It's an understanding ...its not a piece of chocolate cake.. It's rough at first until you find its groove and it finishes about as smoove and seamless.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Drinking scotch is like marriage All in one drink. It's an understanding ...its not a piece of chocolate cake.. It's rough at first until you find its groove and it finishes about as smoove and seamless.

Milo, more power too you brother.... I'll stick too my Jameson's and Wild Turkey American Honey..... Oh and beer lol.....

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Milo, more power too you brother.... I'll stick too my Jameson's and Wild Turkey American Honey..... Oh and beer lol.....

See I don't see what you like about the wild turkey stuff. It's just wild turkey with corn syrup... So it's like having a bowl of lucky charms and instead of milk, it's turpentine.. There are lots of complex flavors in good scotch

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
See I don't see what you like about the wild turkey stuff. It's just wild turkey with corn syrup... So it's like having a boel of lucky charms and instead of milk, it's turpentine.. There are lots of complex flavors in good scotch

I feel about American honey as you do scotch.... The only thing different is mine I don't have too choke down and make excuses doing it lol....

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I feel about American honey as you do scotch.... The only thing different is mine I don't have too choke down and make excuses doing it lol....
i will let you have some of my good stuff. The cheap stuff is miserable. You got to drink is slow and let all the flavors come out. I can't even taste vodka anymore...

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Can't say I've ever tried it....

Step out on the wild side J. I have had quite a few different ones and I keep coming back to this. I usually try the next one one the shelf to compare but this is the first one I have ever bought a second bottle of. Stick with single malts..no blended

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Step out on the wild side J. I have had quite a few different ones and I keep coming back to this. I usually try the next one one the shelf to compare but this is the first one I have ever bought a second bottle of. Stick with single malts..no blended

See I'm ignorant too the finer qualities of the single vs blended... Tried Dewars and JB and that's been my experience over the year..... Tried Makers Mark a few weeks ago and it wasn't bad as far as bourbon goes but I still go back too American honey for some reason lol.... Unrefined taste I guess lol.... Sorry for the high jack lol.... Milo we'll have too start a top shelf post too continue this lol....

Milo

Tatonka guide.
See I'm ignorant too the finer qualities of the single vs blended... Tried Dewars and JB and that's been my experience over the year..... Tried Makers Mark a few weeks ago and it wasn't bad as far as bourbon goes but I still go back too American honey for some reason lol.... Unrefined taste I guess lol.... Sorry for the high jack lol.... Milo we'll have too start a top shelf post too continue this lol....
yeah we probably should.. You haven't had good scotch.. Bourbon is a whole different thang..

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well made it out this morning. Hadn't been to this property since before gun season. Got turned around and couldn't find my stand in the dark. Sat on a deadfall till it got light enough for me to see. Probably ruined the whole morning but oh well. I need something to come cruising by because we are down to one package of steaks left in the freezer. Need to restock something fierce.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Out again this evening after a skunk this morning. Hunting a different property. Don't think I have sat in this set yet this year and not seen a deer. I guess there's a first time for everything.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
If the last 8 minutes is an indicator it should be a active night. Saw a buck out in the crp and three minutes later had four antlerless come flying through right under my stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.