Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2023-2024 Edition

Buckmaster

Portage
Sunday success.
IMG_1327.jpeg

Jamie

Ohio
Doe with BB at 7:50 came right to me. Wanted to shoot the fawn, and had him at ten yards broadside, but he turned away from me just as I eased the bow up to shoot. 30 minutes later two adult does and a fawn came through about 50 yards out. 20 minutes another two adult does with a fawn came right to me from another direction. All three walked within 11-12 yards of me but none of them offered a shot without one of the others looking my direction. All got by me. I saw two really nice bucks about a mile and a half from my house sparring right next to the road on my way here! Both 120-130ish. Crazy. Delightful morning of close encounters. All the fun, none of the mess.😁

Wiley E Coyote

I had four come by a 8:30 but 60yards out. Another seven at 9:20 down the hill and also out of range. I'm looking for a mess! 😁Dull a knife and trash some gutting gloves.😂my family could use another one in the freezer. I'm even carrying a crossbow and I can't get one closer then shotgun range. If I had a longbow they would probably be 30 from me. 😁😂🤣 Still having fun! Turkeys just gobbled again over in the hollow 🦃