Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2023-2024 Edition

Bigcountry40

IMG_2038.jpeg

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
My youngest brother was able to fill his tag tonight. My other brothers girlfriend shot this buck back in early November and hit him high and forward in the neck. He showed back up last week and looked relatively healthy until I got pics of him the last 2 days the wound looked like it was open and full of infection. He said he would shoot it so he went in there tonight and just like the last 3 nights he came in and he made a perfect 20 yards shot to end the story of the big 6. We have had pictures of him for 2 years now and he was the same last year. Not sure if he would of made it thru the winter but we wanted to end what we started.

Attachments

• 1000019192.jpg
    1000019192.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 1000019193.jpg
    1000019193.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 108

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
My youngest brother was able to fill his tag tonight. My other brothers girlfriend shot this buck back in early November and hit him high and forward in the neck. He showed back up last week and looked relatively healthy until I got pics of him the last 2 days the wound looked like it was open and full of infection. He said he would shoot it so he went in there tonight and just like the last 3 nights he came in and he made a perfect 20 yards shot to end the story of the big 6. We have had pictures of him for 2 years now and he was the same last year. Not sure if he would of made it thru the winter but we wanted to end what we started.
Congrats to him nice buck! I would make the girlfriend skin it though :D

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Just read a post that said: Due to the full moon being directly overhead at 7 tonight. (Dec 26) Big bucks will hit their feet in daylight hours!

So which one of you gonna be the one to prove this correct?
IMG_4897.jpeg

this punk right here. On another level I have a buddy w some good hunting grounds. Yesterday they seen a booner trolling, too far for a shot. Seen him the day before and his wife seen him twice. They claim the moon has no effect on deer, I’m throwing the bullshit flag.

OO2

In the Uplands
IMG_5695.jpeg
IMG_5697.jpeg
Found some woodcock today down south. Found a bunch of ticks as well.

Should have 3, missed 2 layups. The bird that I hit was the second flush on a double and got it with my second barrel after I missed the first one

Hopefully the birds hold around for a bit and we can have some fun with them. Hunted hardwoods with pockets of high stem density saplings

Last edited: