Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2022-2023 Edition

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Had to channel my old baseball player days on the way down the big hill. Felt it coming and managed to land perfectly on my left butt check, leg tucked, right leg extended, right arm holding bow up, and left hand dragging through the mud for 20'. Nice wet ass to start the day. Fucking mud all in my lighted nocks. This is stupid.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Had to channel my old baseball player days on the way down the big hill. Felt it coming and managed to land perfectly on my left butt check, leg tucked, right leg extended, right arm holding bow up, and left hand dragging through the mud for 20'. Nice wet ass to start the day. Fucking mud all in my lighted nocks. This is stupid.
Damn! Glad it wasn’t any worse, buddy!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Meanwhile, she's catching my milk weed. She'll learn to associate that strange smell with danger at some point.

20221112_070206.jpg

Also saw a little buck that crossed the road 20 minutes ago, walked through the Corner Pocket, up the ridge to me, and is still walking do N after 900 yards.

Ohio
Poor food and drink choices last night led to getting in the stand late this am. Had to wipe my ass with wet leaves about a quarter of a mile from the stand. Hope there is a silver lining to this? Finally set up with my wind blowing into a steep ravine off an old logging road that they prefer to travel. We’ll see what unfolds. Good luck guys.

Floki

Just had me target buck within 50… Wasn’t quit to my spot was within 7 yards of tree I was going to sit beside.

Out pops 4 does heading my way within 70 yards heading towards me had to kneel down.

3 of them veer to right at about 50 yards then one doe is coming straight towards me .

Out pops my target buck at about 60 yards he’s following the doe that’s coming straight towards me she comes to 20 yards stands broad side and starts ducking and weaving her head.

He stops at 50 yards my bows up I’m looking through scope at doe this went on forever .

I was holding that bow up like I was holding on to a cliff about to fall off.
Buck steps broadsude behind a tree .

Doe veers to right and and starts heading away.
Buck never tried to close the distance with her just stayed at 50. Then watched him walk away.

My arms are absolutely wrecked. Hope I never have to hold on to a cliff.🤣 I’d say about 5 minutes is all I got.(actually maybe two minutes I’d be holding my fat ass and not a bow)

I believe I have this deers number if one of neighbors don’t get it I’d say he dies in next few days.

Not really frustrated because I’m smarter than a damn deer just has to be the right day. 🤣

The debacle now is do I just head back home.🧐

Goood luck to those that are out.👍

Oh and I spilt my fuggin coffee agin.. That’s the worst part of it all my cup is empty.😣 Going to find the lid that closes today.#lifegoal.🤣🤣

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Just had me target buck within 50… Wasn’t quit to my spot was within 7 yards of tree I was going to sit beside.

Out pops 4 does heading my way within 70 yards heading towards me had to kneel down.

3 of them veer to right at about 50 yards then one doe is coming straight towards me .

Out pops my target buck at about 60 yards he’s following the doe that’s coming straight towards me she comes to 20 yards stands broad side and starts ducking and weaving her head.

He stops at 50 yards my bows up I’m looking through scope at doe this went on forever .

I was holding that bow up like I was holding on to a cliff about to fall off.
Buck steps broadsude behind a tree .

Doe veers to right and and starts heading away.
Buck never tried to close the distance with her just stayed at 50. Then watched him walk away.

My arms are absolutely wrecked. Hope I never have to hold on to a cliff.🤣 I’d say about 5 minutes is all I got.(actually maybe two minutes I’d be holding my fat ass and not a bow)

I believe I have this deers number if one of neighbors don’t get it I’d say he dies in next few days.

Not really frustrated because I’m smarter than a damn deer just has to be the right day. 🤣

The debacle now is do I just head back home.🧐

Goood luck to those that are out.👍
Close encounters are better than no encounters! Good luck, you’re getting close.

Floki

Close encounters are better than no encounters! Good luck, you’re getting close.
Oh I’m going to have story on this one. I’ve been close a few times this week.

Just waiting to hopefully tell all. If not I may forever hold my peace. Lol …. I will say this this is the first I’ve seen him on does he’s been alone…

Reactions: ThatBuckeyeGuy

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It's going to be cold they said. There will be droves of deer moving they said. Got to be in a tree! I agreed. Here I am. 3 small does congregated 100yds away. Enjoying watching a mink in the creek. Squirrels a re starting to move. I'll stay put and be thankful. Anything can happen and I'm hoping for cruising and searching the next hour or two. Good luck all.