Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2019-20

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm really surprised no deer have moved thru since my arrival. I decided to step out & open up a much needed shooting lane further in on my left flank. Gives me a perfect broadside shot if anything cuts across inside the woodline.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Annnd just like that, BB just stepped out& walked right by ...

20191107_121505.jpg

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I can't make this shit up..... Soon after my " decoy " left, I spied a small buck cutting across out in front just over 30 yrds and he ended up skirting around me & went in the direction that doe just gone. Later on, I saw this dog coming across on my right thru the thicket about 25 yards out, from my place & then disappearing. The people back in behind me have a couple of dogs that they let run all the time & I figured that was the one I rarely see. Then after that, a fawn jump out from the thicket & began feeding where that 1st doe just was. After a short spell, I looked out where I saw that buck & saw MY dog cutting across Lol, that sure as hell didn't look like him when I first saw him. Soooo, I had to get out of the blind, spook the deer , which was where that BB was also....and called him back over so I could take him back home. That electric fence as it is, has been giving me fits again. Then, after I get back in the blind and it's @ 5:30, I sit there a bit & see that big Ten cutting out across from me, going in the opposite direction at the same spot where that smaller buck was. He was angling off & I wasn't comfortable taking a shot. So, all day sit, deer, rain, snow, more deer, dog & my dream buck. I'm somewhat fearful to see what tomorrow brings.... lol.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I can't make this shit up..... Soon after my " decoy " left, I spied a small buck cutting across out in front just over 30 yrds and he ended up skirting around me & went in the direction that doe just gone. Later on, I saw this dog coming across on my right thru the thicket about 25 yards out, from my place & then disappearing. The people back in behind me have a couple of dogs that they let run all the time & I figured that was the one I rarely see. Then after that, a fawn jump out from the thicket & began feeding where that 1st doe just was. After a short spell, I looked out where I saw that buck & saw MY dog cutting across Lol, that sure as hell didn't look like him when I first saw him. Soooo, I had to get out of the blind, spook the deer , which was where that BB was also....and called him back over so I could take him back home. That electric fence as it is, has been giving me fits again. Then, after I get back in the blind and it's @ 5:30, I sit there a bit & see that big Ten cutting out across from me, going in the opposite direction at the same spot where that smaller buck was. He was angling off & I wasn't comfortable taking a shot. So, all day sit, deer, rain, snow, more deer, dog & my dream buck. I'm somewhat fearful to see what tomorrow brings.... lol.
Kevin, you’re a mess 😂😂😂😂