Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
You witnessed the rare occasion of the mature buck of the neighborhood along with his satellite bucks. I've seen it a few times and is very rewarding.
I've only seen once the King of the woods with 5 does following him. That was a sight to be seen as well.

....every 10 years buddy and today was your day.

Yupper, sight to been behold for sure! I’ve watched several get bred and talk about a courtship!!! Lol

Gordo

Athens County
Them some freaky deers. A solo doe came through and went to the same 'breeding' thicket they where in after they where gone. She was licking and kind of Marking all the same trees he was thrashing on in the area. All them young bucks bedded up and watched the show.

OO2

In the Uplands
Had all the fun without the mess tonight. About 30 minutes after getting setup I had a real solid 10 work along my field edge checking scrapes. He came within 25 yards but I opted to not let one fly due to not being able to get him to pause in a very good window. Didn’t want to thread the needle on him. After he moved off had about a group of 12 bucks/does mill around in the corn field till dark. Only one of the bucks in that group I’d consider shooting. That 10 point came back around my stand again as the sun set but he was out of range and was still on his mission, he circled back to where he went the first time. Hope the action continues tomorrow morning.

Hunter II

Doe patrol tonight.