Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

00buck

Taking today off from the woods. Getting stuff done. Gonna hang a new set tomorrow and let the rain soak things away until Tuesday since Monday looks awful.
Me to with the full moon and hunting it Thursday and Friday all day I think it is time to give it a break

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Hunted the farm I shot my buck at last year and now it seems 4 others got permission. I did see one small 5 point but that's it. I have a better chance at a mature deer behind the house. I have my decoy ready to be deployed tonight. A big shooter has been coming into the plots right before last light. It'll be my first sit out there.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Had 3 coyote in the first 15 min this morning. Later had a doe and a fawn. Then had a 1.5 yr old buck followed by another doe followed by another 1.5 yr old buck.

Nothing going as far as Rut.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Been here since 7. 6hrs done. Zero deer seen. 6 hours left on my shift. This dark to dark sit may have been premature. I don't think my area is quite there yet.

BUT, that moon was big and bright last night. Deer will move sooner or later.

"It only takes a moment." -xbowguy

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Rattled in a small buck at 8, saw a buck i call Fred pushing a doe in some thick stuff at 9:45 with 2 small bucks wandering around aimlessly watching.
A doe and fawn at 11:15 nothing since,may switch stands later for the evening or just stay put..the trail cam pic is Fred.

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
Just got settled in... tried something different on the way in... we still have 60 acres of corn up here... i stayed on the down wind side of the field and drug a rag with estrus doe scent on it. I usually dont use scents but after the last two days of pretty much nothing im all for trying somethin new.