Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Climbed down at 11:30 and headed towards the platform blind. Stopped at the truck to pinch a grumpy and get some ibuprofen. Settled back in at 12:15, then ate lunch. Saw a doe with 2 fawns, likely the first set from this AM. 10 antlerless sightings and 1 buck. Probably stay here until 4, then moving to the cut corn. Not the smartest spot to hunt, but if I'm going to kill my first ever buck on Halloween, I want to do it over a cut corn field from the ground!

Cogz

Cogz
TX
Climbed down at 11:30 and headed towards the platform blind. Stopped at the truck to pinch a grumpy and get some ibuprofen. Settled back in at 12:15, then ate lunch. Saw a doe with 2 fawns, likely the first set from this AM. 10 antlerless sightings and 1 buck. Probably stay here until 4, then moving to the cut corn. Not the smartest spot to hunt, but if I'm going to kill my first ever buck on Halloween, I want to do it over a cut corn field from the ground!

Get one down tonight!

Cogz

Cogz
TX
Thanks men. I had a blast. Steep hills and i drug him out full of guts because I have a neighborly dog and trespassing problem. Really got the cardio in today

Last edited:

jeremy44230

Medina County
Just got set up. First sit this season on this property. Slipped in to round 70 yards from doe bedding waiting on mr big to check em.

Good luck tonight guys

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Just got settled in. A new scrape has opened up 50 yards east of my stand. Hoping for an active night. Tired of being skunked.

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
Im in... in a stand between two bedding areas. Hope for a cruising buck to walk through... good luck to all who are out tonight

Hunter II

Congrats Cogz. Great picture.

My first halloween hunt in over 20 years. Kinda sad not having a kid to follow around the neighborhood.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Settled in. New set. Never hunted it before. Followed rub line into my stand. That has me pumped! Swapped a camera card. Standing corn roughly 100 -1 50yds SE. Known doe area where I am sitting. If I can't find a cruising buck here. . . .well, it is because I don't have great visibility. Too many leaves. I'm hunting two worn trails. I'm in the woods.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
This seat makes me really love my new Millennium stand!!!

😂

I was in a Millennium this morning. Sat maybe 5 minutes, stood the rest. Still beats that though!

I'm settled in to the blind overlooking the cut corn. Lot of territory up here, so if I see anything, it'll be tough to get him inside 40.