Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Damn What a mistake I just did. My alarm went off at 5:30 AM so I got up and shut my alarm off, made coffee, and instant oatmeal for breakfast and bought my 2 hunting licences. Looked at the computor time at isn't only 3:20.
Asked the wife if my phone alarm went off and she said no and thought you just got up with leg cramps.
Must have been dreaming. Well at least I have plenty of time to get ready to hunt. LOL

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Damn What a mistake I just did. My alarm went off at 5:30 AM so I got up and shut my alarm off, made coffee, and instant oatmeal for breakfast and bought my 2 hunting licences. Looked at the computor time at isn't only 3:20.
Asked the wife if my phone alarm went off and she said no and thought you just got up with leg cramps.
Must have been dreaming. Well at least I have plenty of time to get ready to hunt. LOL

Got to bed at 1am. Tossed and turned until 2ish. Woke up at 320 thinking it was time to go. Must be something funny going on Frank. Not a full moon. Not sure what it is.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm not supposed to be here. Excavators showed up to work on property I'm hunting. Moved location. Mom called to say she has no hot water. If nothing by 9 I'm out of here. Only 2 does before legal light so far. Then another out of range when I was moving locations.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Damn dog had to poop at 0130. It was cloudy & windy. Went back in & turned alarm off. I needed the sleep. I'm in scrape alley now. Bumped a doe inside thicket on the way in. A bit breezy again. Looks like a good sit. I still have active scrapes nearby.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The first two days were very slow for me but this morning I capitalized on an opportunity to take a nice big doe. 103 yards and the Savage 220 dropped the hammer.

I switched back to Federal Trophy Coppers this year. The Remington Accutips pattern well but their performance on impact leaves much to be desired IMO.