Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Libby - app

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Screenshot_20230210_075522_Google Play Store.jpg

Jesse's book thread reminded me to post this.

Libby is a free app. You plug in your library card number and it allows you to borrow any electronic book that your library has access to.

You can read them through kindle app or on the Libby app.

You can also borrow audio books (my preference).

It allows you to place holds, see what's popular, etc.

I listen/ read 12+ books a year easily because of this app and driving back and forth to work.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
It is a nice ap! I tell ya - I really struggle to comprehend audio books. I find myself just zoning out. What’s the trick?!!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I adjust the reading speed and my focus level deepening in the subject matter. I'm also someone who will "rewind' if i feel i missed something.
Good tips!!

I have to do that with podcats a lot. I listen. Stop it. Think about it. Then start again. I can’t just plow through, most of the time

Reactions: Hedgelj

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It is a nice ap! I tell ya - I really struggle to comprehend audio books. I find myself just zoning out. What’s the trick?!!
For me, it just has to be a topic or subject matter that I'm interested in, or something I find really fascinating. If I find myself consistently zoning out when listening to an audiobook, it's my cue that it's simply not for me... and I try again with a new one.

Reactions: Hedgelj and at1010