Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Latest pics

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Look at his right front foot. He has a lot more going on than I thought...

These pics are right off the sd card so they are more clear. I'm putting a video cam there tomorrow to see how he's walking

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
It does look like he's been shot, but I can't help but think it's strange that he's actually feeding in the pics. I can't imagine a deer shot through the guts would feel much like feeding, but what do I know. His front leg being busted up is bad too, obviously. Makes you wonder what he got into. Whatever it was, he's had a bad couple of days!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Heckuva deer. Shame to see him like this. Sure seems gut shot. Doesn't explain front hoof. Weird. Good luck to you guys.

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Looks like he got shot, but he is feeding. And the first pic you showed of him he is all hunched up too on the 31st. Hopefully one of you can get a tag on him and if not hopefully he can pull through. Awesome deer.

goshenmountainman

I don't think he has been shot, might be hunched up because he isn't putting weight on the front leg. He would not be eating if he had been gut shot and would die within 24 hours from infection.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I don't think he has been shot, might be hunched up because he isn't putting weight on the front leg. He would not be eating if he had been gut shot and would die within 24 hours from infection.

That's what I'm thinking now as well. I've gotten quite a few videos of him as well and he seems healthy as could be. Just a gimped up hoof. Not sure if its broken or maybe a thorn run up in it...