Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kid's Turkey Call Giveaway..

Fletch

Supporting Member
Bigten05
Giles
Huntn2
Lung buster
Cotty16
Finelyshedded

Anyone else????

Fletch

Supporting Member
I sweetened the pot a little... I used to be a Penns Woods Rep. years ago and had an extra " Lucky Clucker" laying around... So we"ll have two winner's... Six names went into a hat and my wife pulled two out..... AND THE WINNER'S ARE........................

1..... Finelyshedded............ "Lucky Clucker"

2..... Bigten05................... "Slate Call"

Guy's PM me your address and I'll put these in the mail..... Thank's... Rich

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
AWESOME!!!!!!! I'll tell Karissa when I get home tonight!!!!

Thank you very much Rich!!!! Great gesture on your part!!!

Fletch

Supporting Member
Well done Rich! Congrats to the winners.

Back in the day the PW2 was the only mouth call I could use.

Spence... Great story about my association with Frank Piper owner of Penns Woods Product's... I TOO loved their diaphrams but could not find any in Jersey sport shop's.. So one day opening day of Pa. firearm buck season I'm taking off my boot's on my tailgate and noticed the truck parked next to me had a "PENN'S WOOD'S" sticker on the window. shortly after that a guy walked over to the truck and we started to chat... Turn's out it was Frank Piper owner of Penns Wood's... So I told him I was having a hard time finding his calls.. He took my address and a couple day's later I got a BIG box in the mail loaded with 2 or 3 of every one of their call's. 2 dozen of EACH of their diaphrams... PW1,PW2-PW3 and on and on... No invoice in the box???? I called him and he said my gift to you... So I said send me some invoices and catalog's and I'll see if I can get some stores here in Jersey to carry your product.. My first order I sent him was for 15 different stores... He was like WOW... So I did some seminars and trade shows for him for a couple of years... He was TRULY AN OUTSTANDING GENTLEMAN..... May he Rest In Peace...

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Spence... Great story about my association with Frank Piper owner of Penns Woods Product's... I TOO loved their diaphrams but could not find any in Jersey sport shop's.. So one day opening day of Pa. firearm buck season I'm taking off my boot's on my tailgate and noticed the truck parked next to me had a "PENN'S WOOD'S" sticker on the window. shortly after that a guy walked over to the truck and we started to chat... Turn's out it was Frank Piper owner of Penns Wood's... So I told him I was having a hard time finding his calls.. He took my address and a couple day's later I got a BIG box in the mail loaded with 2 or 3 of every one of their call's. 2 dozen of EACH of their diaphrams... PW1,PW2-PW3 and on and on... No invoice in the box???? I called him and he said my gift to you... So I said send me some invoices and catalog's and I'll see if I can get some stores here in Jersey to carry your product.. My first order I sent him was for 15 different stores... He was like WOW... So I did some seminars and trade shows for him for a couple of years... He was TRULY AN OUTSTANDING GENTLEMAN..... May he Rest In Peace...

Great story! There are/were some great people out there. Those PW2s tore up the roof of my mouth and slid around because they were so slick but they were the only mouth call that I could make turkey sounds with at the time.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great friggin story Rich!!! It's sad he's no longer with us but sounded like a great guy! Thanks for sharing that story!

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Savannah broke the call out last night she's getting pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_20160414_201942664.jpg
    IMG_20160414_201942664.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 102

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
:smiley_clap:

Good stuff!!!!

Karissa's will prolly arrive today and we're not there this weekend! I'll post it up here when she does get her hands on it which hopefully will be tomorrow.:pickle:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just wanting to thank Rich again for the new turkey call! It arrived on Saturday while we were outta town but we'll be breaking it out this weekend learning how to use it! She won't be able to turkey hunt this year as she needs to take the hunters safety course first since she's used her 3 apprentice licenses for now. Hope to get her in and passed before summer time!

Thanks again Rich!