Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jays 2014/15 rabbit season thread

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Bigfoot! Hahahahahahahahaha!

As always, good to get the hounds out and about. Maybe we should be training our hounds to be Bigfoot trackers?

I'm thinking about switching it up and marketing them hahaha.... I figure they'd be worth their weight in gold hahaha

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well heading out in the morning with some friends for our annual thanksgiving rabbit hunt... My buddy Mike will be going for as long as his knees hold up so hopefully he'll make most of it.... A couple of my sons friends who've rabbit hunted with us since they were early teens will be heading out as well.... Should be 4-5 of us total for some good conversation and maybe a few shots in between.... I'll make sure I get some photos too document the action or lack of it lol.... Weather shouldn't be any issue with it being in the mid 30's cloudy with a 20% chance of snow....
Looking forward too it, just wish my son Ryan could have made the trek home for it.... Stay tuned for the recap lol....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Good luck guys.... This is 40+ years of chasing bunnies on thanksgiving with just a few times not getting out due too deployments and such.... Look forward too it every year....

Growing up our neighbor started taking us out chasing bunnies and I was hooked.... They had stubborn beagles who wouldn't quit and you've have too chase them down too stop them lol.... I think thats why they brought us lmao.....

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Wishing you a safe hunt this year J.
Happy annual Thanksgiving bunny hunt.

(and to Bluedog as well as cotty w/ "good golly fat molly")

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well three of us went out his morning and although they couldn't spend a lot of time out today due too family obligations I was more then happy too spend time with them in the field.... I've watched these kids grow into men over the years as they are friends of my sons.... They're all around 26 and I've known them since before they were teenagers....
We hit a property that I shot my buck on this year and had two solid runs with Kyle taking one, Travis could of shot the first one but we let it make a complete loop on the first jump and it never made it back for a second loop we're figuring it went into a hole as they were hot on the trail and it just quit..... Second run came around us twice and Kyle made a nice 40 yard shot on it and rolled it too a stop.... The girls caught up too it and we were done with this place for now as I don't want too over hunt it for now.....

Here's Kyle and Travis mugging it up for the camera with their first rabbit....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417130362.284492.jpg

The only reason the girls hung around for the picture is Kyle was enticing them with the rabbit lol....
I have some videos but gotta figure out how too get them uploaded on here from my phone so I'll be working on it here shortly.... Most of it is sound with a little action involved lol....

We hit a second farm and had two great runs there as well and Travis missed the first one and Kyle dropped it at about 10 feet and peeled the top of the cranium off which doesn't make for good photos so I omitted that one lol.... It's really thick there and if you don't shoot when you see them they're gone.... The girls jumped another one shortly after that and it circled around and Travis whiffed again and it went too a hole shortly after that lol.... Kyle didn't have a chance at that one lol.... I held the phone more then he gun most of the morning and had a blast as did they... We talked about the first hunt they went on with Ryan my son and how hey always look forward too the rabbit hunts with me which made my day.... We left shortly after that but had great time if only for a couple of hours.... Wish Ryan could of been home for it but had his buddies and talking about when they were younger and how I made some difference in their lives taking them out following beagles and watching them chase bunnies.... It's been a pretty good day if I say so myself....

In closing I hope everyone has had a great thanksgiving and got too see some of their loved ones and enjoyed a good meal with them....

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Sounds like it's been an entertaining season so far l. I'm surprised you didn't take all those guys on a Bigfoot hunt since you had so much man power.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Kyle is a big foot lol.... The picture was taken where the Bigfoot patrol was walkin around looking for sign.... Had some of the big footers on my trail camera.... They take that shit serious I'll tell you lmao....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
They're on my phone Mike and when I go to you tube it won't let me log on.... I have a user ID and pass word but can send the videos from my phone too my email due to the size of the file.... It's like I'm trapped in an iPhone hell hahaha....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Playing catch up. Love the Thanksgiving rabbit hunt!!! The best part of the holiday for sure!!!

It's something the youngins and I both look forward too.... Even if they aren't so young anymore lol.... It's been a long week and saw a lot of rabbits while pushing deer and the funny thing was most of them were out in open fields buried under grass minds lol.... Walking thru fields too get posted or going too push and bust the outta there lol..... They'd have too run 50-70 yards too a tree line.....