Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

It's on... Rut stories

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Cool video bb0bby, thanks for sharing! Welcome to the site, hopefully you will stick around, lots of great information and great people here!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I sat until 11 this morning.......the streak continues......no fuggin deer again, dang! Starting to get pissed.

The smoker is giving me bad luck.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Watched a big one feed on beans for about 20 minutes, I left my binos in the truck so Im not sure if I have on film or not. He was by himself.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Had a little 4 point come through this morning with his nose to the ground tracking a doe that had come through earlier, the horny little dude was grunting about every other step!

IMG00013-20111103-1006.jpg

Last edited:

epe

Lancaster
Dad just got back from checking out the one spot that we hunt along the muskinum river in wash. county. Said there were a TON of fresh scrapes there. More than last year, which lasy year was the most he had seen in hunting this spot in 28 years.. :smiley_clap: Last year this time I saw 11 different bucks in two morning hunts there. Come on saturday morning!! :smiley_cheer:

bb0bbby

Welcome to the site. Good group of guys....and gal. Were you able to buy any more guns after getting married? ;)

No :(
We have our first lil one on the way (any day now actually) bad planning on my swimmers part ;) I was very lucky to get out last night & today.
Good luck to you!

on my way to cadiz this morning saw 3 bucks , a nice 10 point , a fork horn and a 8 point basket rack all were chasing does , sat in a different part of my inlaws property tonight had a decent 7 point come in make scrapes every 40 or 50 yards around me , he got down wind of me and smelled me and took off another 10 yards closer and he would be hanging upside down right now

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
on my way to cadiz this morning saw 3 bucks , a nice 10 point , a fork horn and a 8 point basket rack all were chasing does , sat in a different part of my inlaws property tonight had a decent 7 point come in make scrapes every 40 or 50 yards around me , he got down wind of me and smelled me and took off another 10 yards closer and he would be hanging upside down right now

I think we need a new rule for TOO.... You have too own a SCENT SMOKER or have access too one.... or no membership..... :smiley_clap:

Come on UK get with the program..... rotflmao

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Last week, I noticed a great increase in activity on the scrape cam. I was averaging anywhere from 100-200 pics a night on the BEC Wed-Sun, then the activity started dropping off to nearly nothing. Since Monday, I have only had 30 pics on the cam. What I have seen from the stand seems to reflect this also. Last week, I watched three different bucks work scrapes during the evenings, and this week, I have yet to see any sign of that type of activity. I have seen two small bucks out cruising, but nothing real serious. I also noticed quite a few fawns out on their own, usually a sign the rut is coming around. This week, I have yet to see a doe without a fawn.

IMO, the cold weather last week had the deer feelin' frisky, but the warm weather this week has put a stopper on that. The young bucks still seem to be out cruising, but I've yet to see any evidence that things are fixing to change. My best guess it it will be another week before things start getting good. Once the cold front moves in, things outta start looking up.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Last week, I noticed a great increase in activity on the scrape cam. I was averaging anywhere from 100-200 pics a night on the BEC Wed-Sun, then the activity started dropping off to nearly nothing. Since Monday, I have only had 30 pics on the cam. What I have seen from the stand seems to reflect this also. Last week, I watched three different bucks work scrapes during the evenings, and this week, I have yet to see any sign of that type of activity. I have seen two small bucks out cruising, but nothing real serious. I also noticed quite a few fawns out on their own, usually a sign the rut is coming around. This week, I have yet to see a doe without a fawn.

IMO, the cold weather last week had the deer feelin' frisky, but the warm weather this week has put a stopper on that. The young bucks still seem to be out cruising, but I've yet to see any evidence that things are fixing to change. My best guess it it will be another week before things start getting good. Once the cold front moves in, things outta start looking up.

And that full moon coming up should get 'em going too. From what I've been hearing of young bucks cruising and pushing does around, I think the peak of the rut is right on schedule. I've always noticed that the young ones get going a week or two before the big boys... I don't think this year will be any different.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Had a buck chasing a doe by me this morning.... She was haveing nothing too do with him..... Made me feel good too see that there was some action going on.....