Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

IQ Bowsite

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Ive held one of the IQ sights. I found that centering the dot to be kind of challenging. It doesnt seem to float but rather bang around back and fourth. I figured between focusing on the target, leveling my sight bubble and concentrating on my pin was enough. I dont want to add another element.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Honestly I just want a bow to hunt with I am not trying to make it to complicated.

I want a bow that I am comfortable shooting, and I am accurate with. I like the Mathews, and have shot them a lot. I have shot HHA sites in the past, but think I might want to go back to a horizontal pin site.

I have been looking at spott hawg! Those seem nice!

Speaking of Hoggs, they are great, but make sure they are compatable with your bow. I have had two bows that the Hogg's simply didnt have enough left and right adjustment to work. There is not a lot of room for adjustment there. Also, you may have to purchase a drop mount just to sort out your up and down. Just giving you a heads up. This was the Hogg It Sight. The dovetail mount one.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
A properly tuned bow sends the arrow straight. Sorta like a hammer hitting a nail head squarely. Even with a lighter swing, a hammer will drive a nail farther if hit squarely. You want to shove your arrow straight. Aside from that, I think equipment is all just personal choice. I don't think any of it will greatly improve the effectiveness of a hunting bow...it's just what you like.

Having said that, IQ bowsights in theory could help an archer shoot better than he may otherwise, as can any number of other add-ons, doesn't make them neccessary, or actually advantageous to put an arrow through a deer.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
If you can work it out, get with Milo and have him go over the bow with you. If that doesn't work, you can come down here and I'll help you. As far as what to put on the bow, Beener made some good suggestions. I will have my stuff in this week for the Infinity and can bring down my Mathews and the new parts for you to look at next week if you'd like...

Jesse, I will Pm you. I should know tomorrow, if I can get the deal on the Helium. I will have to let you know man. Thanks for being the man, and always offering to help out!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Yea I was just really impressed with the reviews on the IQ site. They seem to be really popular, but I am going to look at multiple sites, and other equipment.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Speaking of Hoggs, they are great, but make sure they are compatable with your bow. I have had two bows that the Hogg's simply didnt have enough left and right adjustment to work. There is not a lot of room for adjustment there. Also, you may have to purchase a drop mount just to sort out your up and down. Just giving you a heads up. This was the Hogg It Sight. The dovetail mount one.

What strother were you shooting that on?
They make a spacer bar so you can flip the sight either side of the windage attachment.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I will second (or third or eighth or whatever) the talk on Milo. He is like the Chuck Norris of bow tuning around here. When you drop a bow off to Milo, they tune themselves because they are so scared of him. Just saying. lmao

If the IQ sights are good "in theory", I would venture to say you are paying for a feature which might not need to be paid for. I won't offer suggestions because I am far far far from an expert.

Flatlander

Darby Creek
I have shot the Retina Lock IQ sight and was amazed at how it shows any hand torque what so ever in your bow grip. The sight has a 3 axis adjustment so you can get the dot centered relatively easy. Once it's centered you will be able to tell at a glance if you are holding your bow properly. I've shot competitive archery for over 20 years and thought I didn't have to worry about hand torque but this sight showed me I was still vulnerable on occasion. It's a good tool for accuracy!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I have shot the Retina Lock IQ sight and was amazed at how it shows any hand torque what so ever in your bow grip. The sight has a 3 axis adjustment so you can get the dot centered relatively easy. Once it's centered you will be able to tell at a glance if you are holding your bow properly. I've shot competitive archery for over 20 years and thought I didn't have to worry about hand torque but this sight showed me I was still vulnerable on occasion. It's a good tool for accuracy!

very interesting!