Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Interesting morning

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If he jumped through a window, he was too dumb to breed anyhow. rotflmao Your a good man Phil to think about someone else.

Thanks Rick and all who mentioned similar. I don't see it this way. It was a no brainer. I have deer meat. He is out. No sense in getting greedy. No sense in letting it go to waste.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Life is funny. Kick you repeatedly in the gut one day, turn around and reward you the next. I have had a crazy week. I post here because it seems appropriate, but the TOO Good thread would be great also. Our local WO called me awhile ago. "Your foreman want another deer?" Now keep in mind, he is on a job site working. I am in the office trying to catch up on paperwork. I have 4 places to be this afternoon and truly don't have time to screw with it. But. . . .I feel I have been blessed. My foreman takes pride in our company and our work. He takes a ton of weight off my shoulders. I might be heading out to snag another deer for him in the midst of the chaos my afternoon has scheduled for me. I hope the WO calls me back because my foreman would be ecstatic. I hope the WO doesn't call because I have TOO much crap to get done. Selfish on my part, but I have to keep the wheels turning for him to have work for the guys. lmao

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Just think about the food it'll provide his family. Hell he's got 4 kids, and you'll feel pretty damn good after you give him this one!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just think about the food it'll provide his family. Hell he's got 4 kids, and you'll feel pretty damn good after you give him this one!

The Lord works in mysterious ways. He did provide them with some food yesterday. He must have known I was real busy today. WO just called and said when he showed up the deer was gone. Maybe hit by car, regained composure and left? Maybe sick and diseased? Who knows? Oh well. I thanked the WO a couple times and told him I appreciated him remembering us and thinking of us. That was really great of him. I have said it before: I believe our local WO is truly concerned and does a nice job. I hear horror stories about different WOs and I like to point out they are human. There are good ones and bad ones. Just like teachers, preachers, plumbers, or lawn mower guys. Some good at their job. Some bad.