Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I think something nice took a snow nap

OO2

In the Uplands
Look at that 4! Congrats on a great buck. Is that Berber fleece I see?

Thank you! It is the Berber fleece. I just got it a couple days ago and don’t know why it took me so long to do so. Paired with the stand hunter bibs I was comfortable all night!

Congrats on a great buck.... As Giles said: "Guess you kept your powder dry".... But your cliff notes didn't say: Did you have your rubber on when you shot????........... Again.. Congrats....

Thank you! I had the tape on the last three hunts to help keep the powder dry. I reloaded after Monday’s evening hunt. When the buck started my way I ended up taking the rubber off for some peace of mind since I didn’t practice shooting that way

Reactions: Fletch and Spencie

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Thank you! It is the Berber fleece. I just got it a couple days ago and don’t know why it took me so long to do so. Paired with the stand hunter bibs I was comfortable all night!
I have had Berber fleece for years. Both insulated and uninsulated. Best stuff for warmth out there IMO. I keep trying other stuff and go back to it. The only drawback is if you get into burrs. Plan on spending some time picking them off. Congrats again on a great buck with the Muzzy stuffer.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Cole... Just for the record yesterday afternoon you were thought of from some 400+ miles away as I slid my rubber on....Since it was raining here and I was going out with my inline I cut a finger off a latex gloves and slid it over the end of the barrel and while doing it I wondered how you made out...

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
^^ Cliff notes:

Buck in field with doe, they left, he came back. He walked towards me, I pulled trigger, gun went bang, the buck died quickly.
Congrats on a dandy buck, he's great. And the full length write-up was like being there following along. Cliff notes was an excellent touch, well done!

I really liked that story 👍👍👍

Reactions: Boarhead and OO2

OO2

In the Uplands
Cole... Just for the record yesterday afternoon you were thought of from some 400+ miles away as I slid my rubber on....Since it was raining here and I was going out with my inline I cut a finger off a latex gloves and slid it over the end of the barrel and while doing it I wondered how you made out...

I’m glad you practiced safe muzzleloading 😂😂

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I have had Berber fleece for years. Both insulated and uninsulated. Best stuff for warmth out there IMO. I keep trying other stuff and go back to it. The only drawback is if you get into burrs. Plan on spending some time picking them off. Congrats again on a great buck with the Muzzy stuffer.
I had the pleasure of deburring mine the first head I had them. That was time consuming.... Never made that mistake again 😂

Cole awesome buck and recap of how it went down. Congratulations buddy.

OO2

In the Uplands
I once called you a spoiled little rich kid that didn't know how to earn anything. 🤣 That was many moons ago and boy was I wrong. Happy as hell for you man. I'm still a little salty about you selling the old Ford though. 😂

Keep on the path you are on and don't let anyone stop you.
I’ve been pretty fortunate growing up to be able to do what I do. I still have the old Ford!

OO2

In the Uplands
Was able to get him taped today for fun. He finished up at 136 3/8”. Also, speculated what could have been if he hadn’t broken off but there is no way to know for sure.
45241B8B-8E03-4929-A541-037668CD0642.jpeg
2521BD69-9F4C-462F-92F5-696D35116CD8.jpeg