Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I knowd sumptin

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Well we went from this to almost nothing in 20 yards..no arrow either it ran through some nasty thick stuff with an arrow in it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357436312947.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357436312947.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 54

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang, it looks to be draining out the bottom TOO! Maybe you'll be able to track her better tomorrow in the daylight and she'll stay down after she beds down. Good luck Milo!

Ricer2231

At least there isn't hardly any chance of snow tonight so the trail shouldn't get covered up. If ya think you need another set of eyes in the woods I would be glad to make the drive down there in the morning to help ya out. I'm assuming you're at the farm.

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
If you felt good when you shot, chances are you were right. Get after it in the morning buddy. I'll check in with you then and hope to here good news!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
If you felt good when you shot, chances are you were right. Get after it in the morning buddy. I'll check in with you then and hope to here good news!

Shot felt perfect and i hit xactly where i was looking. The deflection was not anticipated though. Thats a full length gold tip trad

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I won't ask tracking questions. I have zero doubts you did things right. If it felt right, you saw the holes, and it plugged, you have a dead deer. Chest cavity filled up and she is dead somewhere. Good luck finding her.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Dang. Good luck in the morning Milo. By the sounds of it I think you'll have a piled up doe waiting on you... fingers crossed.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Still bleedin after 300 yards..no idea how...no arrow either...im baffled. It crossed onto property i need to ask if i can be on..this deer may be fine..gonna go look to see if i can find my arrow..did find another dead deer with coyote tracks...necklace time..

Last edited:

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Dead deers (even after all meat is gone) make great coyote attractants. Just keep snares a ways from deer cause coyotes get REAL cautious around "Bait". Found this out the hard way.

I'm not that far either Milo if ya need help. Be more than glad to help if needed! That is not "Just a doe".... It's a traditional doe.....Big Difference.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Talked with the neighbors to get permission to keep tracking and the deer is gonna live i guess. He told me he tracked it himself in the morning and it jumped 2 more fences...cover a 100 or so more yards ans was still going...its done and now im pissed....my resolve is even stronger now..