Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

how many?

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Im not shooting a Trad bow untill the Drury Brothers and Teddy Nuge uses one. Until im sticking with the coool guys!!!

Jk,

I just dont have the time, someday, I wouuld love to do some of the cool stuff Diablo does, like even making you own arrows! Freaking sweet!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have one. Don't hunt with it. What I lack is the knowledge on what type of arrows (or is it arrahs in the trad world?) I would need. After this I lack the confidence to kill an animal with them. Once I have some arrows, practice will tell me when I am ready to hunt with it. My excuse? Ignorance in the equipment and procrastination are my excuses.

badger

*Supporting Member*
Last year was my first time carrying a traditional bow in the woods for deer. I made a bad shot on a doe at Hoyt's place and didn't find her. The recurve I carried was my sons and it will mean the world to me to make a kill with it. So far this year I haven't had a chance to shoot, but I might get out with it before the year is over.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I cant wait till i have the time to shoot again...maybe later this year..im rusty but can get back on the wagon in decent time.

Jamie

Ohio
"arrahs" if you are communicating with situational dialect or are a genuine hillbilly. :smile: you're on your own with the procrastination, but otherwise, fire away. shouldn't be too hard too get you onto some proper arrows. I think that is what an equipment specific forum like this is for?

now, now Diablo, Flutemans queer facetiae aren't hurting anything. rotflmao

thanks too those of you who have managed too stay on topic. shame on the rest of us. :pickle:

heydeerman

This is my first post on this forum sent this way by Jamie...

I only hunt with recurves and longbows. This year I have hunted with a bamboo backed Osage longbow made by Jamie and killed a skwirl first time out with it. About 14 or so years ago I shot and hunted compounds. I have killed one deer with a crossbow. Crossbow=total boredom (for me). Compound=too much technology (for me). Trad bow=killed with my own skills. This is the way animals were meant to be hunted.

Nothing wrong with sounding off on who shoots what if they are proud of it. I am.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
This is my first post on this forum sent this way by Jamie...

I only hunt with recurves and longbows. This year I have hunted with a bamboo backed Osage longbow made by Jamie and killed a skwirl first time out with it. About 14 or so years ago I shot and hunted compounds. I have killed one deer with a crossbow. Crossbow=total boredom (for me). Compound=too much technology (for me). Trad bow=killed with my own skills. This is the way animals were meant to be hunted.

Nothing wrong with sounding off on who shoots what if they are proud of it. I am.

Welcome jim! Glad to have you here bud.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have 3 compounds, a crossbow for wife and kids, and a stick and string for myself and a couple for my boys. I am very narrow minded about what you use to hunt with. Killed one with shotgun once. Killed one with 44mag once. Used my smokepole couple times. I am here to judge how you hunt heydeerman.rotflmao Welcome to the site.