Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

High Mileage Trucks

Huckleberry Finn

Working in a Chevy store I wouldn't be afraid to buy a truck with a 5.3 in it. It's one of the best engines they made besides the 4.3 they used to put in the S10. Ford F-150 is also good. They did have some issues with the spark plugs on the tritons and I believe the manifolds. But with regular maintenance any truck could last. As stated before even a truck with a few more miles isn't bad!

My s10 had the 4.3 in it...that thing was sweet.

If memory serves me right you bought the envoy with 100k miles one it and worked out fine for the four plus years you had it. As long as the maintenance was done I think you should get a few years amd then some out of the truck.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I have always driven higher mileage trucks. I'm usually the one that gets to replace the minor stuff like alternator, battery, starter, etc, but it beats a high monthly payment!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I've liked my Chevys and GMs. I sold my last truck a 2001 chevy 1500 with 230000 miles and wish I would of just help onto it. I bought a 2004 crew cab HD 2500 with 30,000 mile on it last summer because I had wanted a bigger cab and better towing for fishing trips and when hunting geese to pile everyone in one truck easier. Wish I'd of just kept that 1500 tho.

Chevy or Ford is what we as a family look at. Most often we end up with a Chevy because of deals or financing. My truck is a 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 5.3L that has seen better days with the paint peeling and the rust getting into it. Got over 280K on it, knock on wood. Sure it has it's problems here and there but gas mileage was way better than any out there when I was looking and the extended cab was perfect for the family. The one it replaced was another '94 Chevy Z71 that had over 260K when I sold it. That truck still looked and ran great too.

As for loyalty I've tried to stick with what keeps me employed but for the longest time we have only done Ford work. Maybe that's why they're so great?!?! LOL :smiley_arrogant:

I would never buy another Dodge truck unless it was a lease I could give the F'er back after a length of time. Same with most of their cars and SUV's.

Any thoughts to one of the various Jeep products? Even though Dodge/Chrysler has meddled with them they still seem to have maintained decent vehicles.

Diablo54

Outside
If your gona work out of it you better buy a damn chevy. If your gona haul grocerys a ford will be alright. Just don't put your little girl in it on cold days. Hate to see you both walking in the freezing cold.

Jamie

Ohio
I've had them all, and I'm a Toyota driver from now on. Tundra's are excellent trucks. only bad thing I have to say about them is the fuel economy. Toyota has fallen way behind with their trucks fuel economy. resale value is high because they work so well for so long. :smiley_bril:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I've had them all, and I'm a Toyota driver from now on. Tundra's are excellent trucks. only bad thing I have to say about them is the fuel economy. Toyota has fallen way behind with their trucks fuel economy. resale value is high because they work so well for so long. :smiley_bril:

^^^^ That....

Big Weff

Athens
uploadfromtaptalk1448043343837.jpghaha!

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Had a 79 chevy pickup 350 4bl - 4 on the floor w/creeper gear - drove it for 25 years - don't know how many miles were on it when i gave it away - should have kept it - dang