Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hicks Lawn Services truck racing

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
Friday night is Limaland Motorsports Park for our opener. Saturday is Waynesfield Raceway Park.

Got the wrap put on the truck today. Stumbled and bumbled my way through my first Facebook Live post. Awkward and clunky much? Yep.

Without further adieux. . . Unveiling the Warriors Way #17 truck and new truck wrap sponsored by Bubbey's Bubbles, Big Daddy Towing, Whitetails Unlimited, Hicks Lawn Services, Miller Auto and Towing, Raabe Ford, and Hume Road Rentals. View attachment 194171

View attachment 194172

View attachment 194173

I see a little more real estate here and there we might be able to sell off. 🤣
Looks great ! Best of luck on friday

Reactions: hickslawns

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have said it before let's raise some money on here to help Phil
Thanks Clay.

I enjoy it. I know a handful on TOO follow along and seem to enjoy it. I'll share and attempt to not over share. If you aren't following the FB page, that is a way to get more updates or sometimes just a bit quicker updates.

I'm not here to solicit, but I don't turn down dollars. Lol. You could buy some advertising space. Or maybe make a donation to Warriors Way and tell them it is for Team Hicks Motorsports. It wouldn't go "to me" but it would reimburse some of their sponsor money and let's them know it was a good advertising choice.

Another option could use its own thread. Warriors Way does forging and knife making classes. Their mission is to bring an outlet to vets struggling with PTSD, suicide prevention, and mental health well being. They do it thru their classes. Maybe we put together a TOO knife making weekend? Tell them you heard about it from the race team. It wouldn't put money in my pocket for the truck, but it lets them know they didn't waste money sponsoring our truck. And it's a TOO gathering. I know they have a corporate price if a company wants to bring a team in to forge knives. I think civilians can take the classes for a donation. Unsure what the suggested donation is.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
And as was expected: tonight was rained out. Hoping the rains hold off tonight or remain very light. Tomorrow is Waynesfield Raceway Park. They moved start times earlier to accommodate the cooler temps. Hoping it isn't too early for it to dry out with the predicted rains tonight. We shall see.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Started 3rd in my heat. Finished 1st.

Started 4th in the feature. Moved up to 2nd pretty quick. Hing on a lap or two. Ran neck and neck with the guy a few more laps. Held onto third. Hard to complain about these results. 2 years ago I would have been fighting mid pack with the same motor I am running now.

1000007858.jpg