Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Here come the boys from the south.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Yeah, the boys from 'Bama were the boss last nite.
After graduation, the boys from Notre Dame will be the boss. :smiley_crocodile:

CritterGitterToo

Central Ohio
I would have loved to see Oregon play Bama this year. ND didn't deserve to move up the ranks like they did, and definitely did not deserve to be playing in the national championship. They never played any "good" teams, and got to the big one based on name alone. Next year will be interesting with Oregon, OSU, Bama, Georgia, and a lot of other teams. If Texas A&M can get some playmakers around Johnny football, watch out!

Dude, they won @ Oklahoma and @ USC. That's never easy. Period! They also beat a damn good Stanford team. The only team Oregon played that was ranked in the top 25 was Stanford and they lost to them.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I think Texas A&M and Bama would have been a much better game and Bama would have lost again! But another SEC team would still win the NC. I will have to say they're a good fit though, they have the same over signing policy as the rest of em, 34 commitments so far! Lmao

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
This game just showed that next years play off system is the right direction as far as getting the better teams in the Title game. I just cant grasp how they were unranked preseason and played for the Title last nite, and the end score proved how good ND really was.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Dude, they won @ Oklahoma and @ USC. That's never easy. Period! They also beat a damn good Stanford team. The only team Oregon played that was ranked in the top 25 was Stanford and they lost to them.

Agreed.. I don't think it was because ND sucked.. I think it just showed how much a cut above Bama is. Remember the almighty Buckeyes were give the same medicine by a sec team with a 41-14 loss to Florida in the NC game. Then came back next season and lost 24-38 against LSU.. But I doubt highly anyone here would have bashed the almighty bucks like they're doing ND today saying they didn't belong and were over ranked. No, it's just a plain truth that in some schools they play football. In the SEC we live it.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It kills me to hand it to Saban and the boys, but they sure have things in order down there. I'm just waiting for the NCAA to bring them back to reality! We all know there are some skeletons in that closet because there are in every major programs closet. Just a matter of when the NCAA decides to flex its muscle. Regardless, those boys put a whoopin' on ND last night!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
It kills me to hand it to Saban and the boys, but they sure have things in order down there. I'm just waiting for the NCAA to bring them back to reality! We all know there are some skeletons in that closet because there are in every major programs closet. Just a matter of when the NCAA decides to flex its muscle. Regardless, those boys put a whoopin' on ND last night!

Why would they have any skeletons hidden in the closet when you have a draw like Miss Alabama! I know if I was gonna play college ball and was an attractive young man that could spit game, I'd be headed south or west! Sure as hell wouldn't be playing ball in the Midwest if I had the option!

I think the best possible National Championship game we could have had would have been Alabama's first string vs their second string! I don't believe there is a team out there that could best them in a 5 game series. Hats off to them for sure!

P.S. Joe, Alabama still sucks! lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
AJ got the ugly one. Y'all seen Sabans daughter.

Please. Allow me.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357687244.527682.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357687258.209587.jpg

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Actually, last nights game reminded me a lot of the OSU-FLA game a couple ASS lickings ago! Lol. The line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, was Dominated by the SEC. Just sayin. We all should know, that the unsung heroes in the trenches don't get the recognition they deserve!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
But I doubt highly anyone here would have bashed the almighty bucks like they're doing ND today saying they didn't belong and were over ranked.

Joe- I already did. I flat out said there wasn't a team out there matched up to them. Bucks might have put on more of a show than ND, but I wouldn't have expected a win. Bama was tough this year.

We all should know, that the unsung heroes in the trenches don't get the recognition they deserve!

Something tells me Ron was a lineman.:smiley_chinrub:

I tease Ron. You are correct. They pretty much make or break a team on both sides of the ball, yet rarely get the main credit.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Something tells me Ron was a lineman.:smiley_chinrub:

I tease Ron. You are correct. They pretty much make or break a team on both sides of the ball, yet rarely get the main credit.

Espically when they are like Bama and they are pushing people off the ball and getting to LINEBACKERS! You cannot stop that!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Haha! I wasn't big enough in high school to be a lineman. I was a buck 50 back then, played all through high school. I go 220 now, FUGG! , but back to what I was saying. The great offensive line is worth it's wait in gold. Bama just man handled their defense like it was an all you can it buffet! On the defensive side, their speed in the secondary and all the way TOO the front line kept ND out of rythum. Boys amongst Men if you ask me!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Haha! I wasn't big enough in high school to be a lineman. I was a buck 50 back then, played all through high school. I go 220 now, FUGG! , but back to what I was saying. The great offensive line is worth it's wait in gold. Bama just man handled their defense like it was an all you can it buffet! On the defensive side, their speed in the secondary and all the way TOO the front line kept ND out of rythum. Boys amongst Men if you ask me!

The only spot of dirt on AJs jersey was when he took a dive after a short run. The Bama D and O was something to watch. But that's what they train for. Hard hitting and fast.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Why would they have any skeletons hidden in the closet when you have a draw like Miss Alabama! I know if I was gonna play college ball and was an attractive young man that could spit game, I'd be headed south or west! Sure as hell wouldn't be playing ball in the Midwest if I had the option!

I think the best possible National Championship game we could have had would have been Alabama's first string vs their second string! I don't believe there is a team out there that could best them in a 5 game series.Hats off to them for sure!

P.S. Joe, Alabama still sucks! lol

I bet Johnny Football Manzel and Texas A&M would give them a run for their money. Being that they were the only team to beat them at their house this year says something. Would liked to see a 8-10 team playoff so we wouldn't be wondering like we're doing now. Lol

epe

Lancaster
Bama struggled with good qbs, who could actually throw the ball... Nobody stopped Bama from running this year....