Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

$h!t Genetics

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
All you need to know is I'm the guy with all the pictures of live deer and none of dead deer. Ain't nothing a guarantee in the whitetail woods.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It's funny, really. Here we all are, before season, saying "Yeah, kill him. Let so-and-so shoot him"... yada yada. If he is a mature deer, as we seem to think he is, he ain't no push-over. His diminutive set of antlers seem to make us think a little less of him, but if he has the years he seems to, count yourself lucky if so-and-so gets a look at him!

I don't know about the rest of TOO... but my level of respect for and frustration with deer grows immensely after opening day.
HA! Have fun chasing him!

You're 100% right Brock... Sometimes we take things for granted... Nothing's a chip shot when it comes too these creatures...

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
It's funny, really. Here we all are, before season, saying "Yeah, kill him. Let so-and-so shoot him"... yada yada. If he is a mature deer, as we seem to think he is, he ain't no push-over. His diminutive set of antlers seem to make us think a little less of him, but if he has the years he seems to, count yourself lucky if so-and-so gets a look at him!

I don't know about the rest of TOO... but my level of respect for and frustration with deer grows immensely after opening day.
HA! Have fun chasing him!

Ain't that the truth?

Deer sure have a way of humbling us don't they?! Hopefully one of the Toozers coming to hunt with you will get it done for you Jesse. If not then maybe late season if you are looking at a buckless season he may be on your plate if you want it done. Something to consider anyways.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
No doubt . It seems so easy to just say kill him but its easier said than done .
If it were that easy we would all just go kill our target deer in a couple days and hafta hunt something else the rest of fall and winter.

Ricer2231

Is this shit genetics or just a fugged up rack from the beginning? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444611047.445129.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Don, that deer looks like he broke his rack off, but I don't think that's the issue. I'm more inclined to think it was an injury to his pedicles.