Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Group Muzzy Hunt at AEP

Will you attend the group hunt?

• Yes

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
uploadfromtaptalk1452458988276.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I want to start with a huge thanks to everyone that showed up today. We had 18 guys total on a shitty, nasty day. And a Sunday no less. It was great seeing you all!

We beat some brush today and between the group, saw roughly 15 different deer. For a group that's never hunted this area before, I think we did well. Those of us that drove, saw a ton of sign today. I found a nice rub on the first drive a good mile or more from the closest road on the edge of a strip of pines and a bunch of big maple trees...

On the second drive, we found one of the coolest spots I've ever seen for a big deer to bed up. On a small bench with steep hillside to his back, thick tangle of briars and blow downs in front, with overhead cover. The pine in the middle has been whittled down over years of abuse to about half it's size...

I was telling these guys you could take one step too many and find yourself in a predicament around these high walls. I came close to such a spot today. Pretty much straight down...

And when I say we beat some brush, we BEAT some BRUSH! This is typical of what we pushed all day...

Speaking of beat, I'm beat. You can see the spikes. I pushed early for my cousin PJ and we had two big pushes today. With 15-25 mph wind, rain, sleet, snow and cold, I'm done!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Thank you so much for posting the presentation!
:smiley_clap:

Great to see the pictures TOO !!!

Its good to see Joe wore clean underwear. lol

Last edited:

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
He humped my deer guys. But we promised not to tell anyone.

Got to send an extra Thank You to everyone. Jesse planned out a couple fabulous drives. Everyone for doing their part on the drives.... And a special thanks for Joe and Jesse dragging my deer out!

And J....We Love Ya Brother! Thank You For All That Service!

Last edited:

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Made it home safe. We got probably 2" and its blowing and starting to drift some areas.

We had a great time and thanks to Joe we aren't still looking for Austin. He has always liked going on hikes, he just about went to far. Lol.

As always the food was great but you absolutely can't beat the company. Great to see all of you and to put a face to a name I've known for quite some time Sam.