Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Groundhogs 2016

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Got the NE that's showed itself a couple times right out the back of the house. He is living behind the garage. I call him fat bastard cause that's what he is. His days are limited that's for sure.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Got the NE that's showed itself a couple times right out the back of the house. He is living behind the garage. I call him fat bastard cause that's what he is. His days are limited that's for sure.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

So far the ones that have seen me will go back down the hole if I don't get the shot first, wait 15-20 minutes on average and they'll pop back out and fall to the gun... A few haven't played that game and it seems later in the afternoon the more they get patient about not coming back out...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
This post wasn't so much about my adventures but to post up anyone's outings so if anyone has been out post away... I plan on hitting it fairly hard this year as I've slacked for a while getting out and posting the results...
My goal is to drop some from 2-300 yards this year so I'll be out quite a bit....

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Yeah it's been a couple years since I've been out but after stepping in one of there holes and falling while rabbit hunting this year I'm now ready for the killing again lol. Need to get my Contender in 22 hornet back in action also have a Ruger 77/22 mag that has dust on it. That gun loves the CCI maxi-mags + V.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well fat bastard got sniped from the upstairs bathroom window. Looks like the turkey gun is sighted in.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well that was fast!!!! #4 for the year, another male and was a shade over 300 yards... Shooting due east with a NW wind... Watched for about a minute trying to decide how too hold on and figured screw it, he was facing me head down eating... Aimed at his forehead and squeezed the trigger... Recoil brought the gun up and when I brought down he was flopping around!!!! WooHoo!!! Did it lol...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460495318.942336.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460495342.465410.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460495369.820046.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460495393.534673.jpg

This is a picture from the groundhog hole too the top of the hill by the tree line where I was sitting... It's a little deceiving as the tree line looks too be at the top but it's actually about 70 yards from where I was sitting... Saw another one out at about 120 yards but again the horses where in that area... Next time he might not be so lucky lol...
This is my longest shot too date on a groundhog and I'm very happy lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460495577.432234.jpg

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Great shot J!!!!! That's awesome.

Apparently fat bastard had a brother or twin or something.

Austin beat me home from work and snipped this one from the bathroom with his Winchester SX2.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Great shot J!!!!! That's awesome.

Apparently fat bastard had a brother or twin or something.

Austin beat me home from work and snipped this one from the bathroom with his Winchester SX2.

Like father like son lol....

Good shooting Austin!!!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
At it again... I've seen two so far but no shot opportunity yet... Ones playing peekaboo in its hole at 200 yards... Waiting it out to see if it'll commit lol

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well #5 fell... About 200 yards and it decided it was all clear... Bad move lol... Gutted him and never moved after the shot... Very impressed so far with the bipod setup... Able too hold rock steady at any distance and haven't missed since using it yet... 3 for 3 with it and 2 for 2 with the old reliable Marlin .22 mag... This year...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460577113.589608.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460577135.697631.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460577177.880110.jpg

On the way home I saw this and got a chuckle outta it lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460577218.900058.jpg

Get well soon ballon on a dead deer lol...

Last edited: