Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Got to hunt 1 day of gun season but luck was on my side

trebor69

Amherst
Thanks guys!

So my buddies are trying to talk me in to putting this guy on the wall. When I shot him I was thinking hell yah. When I walked up to him I was torn because the left side is a little smaller and broken off some. Hes a nice one but I dunno if hes 4 or 500 bux nice lol. (probly my 2nd biggest)

Just out of curiousity....would yall put him on the wall or nah?

If so what pose ya feel would show him off the best?

Attachments

• 20161203_140432.jpg
    20161203_140432.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 20161203_140913_001.jpg
    20161203_140913_001.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 120
  • 20161203_140420.jpg
    20161203_140420.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 123

Gordo

Athens County

'Little skull hooker' was about 25$ I think. I love the things for displaying Euro amounts. I'm not a shoulder mount guy. Going to have to be a booner for me to go that route. If I ever start punching buck tags again that could change I suppose.

trebor69

Amherst
Gordo that looks pretty cool.... I have several other bucks "euroed" that I might try that on.

This years is at the taxi. They talked me in to it lol. Going with a full sneak offset shoulder. Looking left to try and put his best side forward lol.

I was considering a lip curl since he was chasing a doe and lip curling when I got him. The taxi wanted $100 for that and did not seem too keen on doing it. I dont know why because he does really nice work and has lip curl mounts in his showroom. So hes done them before.

trebor69

Amherst
A little more info just because lol

We run several trail cameras on this property including one on a very active scrape. The scrape is about 400 yards from where I shot this deer and has been active year long for at least the last 8 years. We get TONS of buck pics there. Usually somewhere between 20-25 different bucks per year. The property is about 220 acres so its a safe bet that a lot of those bucks do not call this property 'home'. Weve been going through pictures and we have no pics of this buck from this year. We do have one possibility from last year when he was a year younger but I am pretty sure thats not him either. The day I got him was the first time anyone had seen him.

I have a ring with deer jawbones on it to help try to age deer. If that thing is accurate my buck is a dead match to the 3.5 year old jawbone. Maybe I shouldve let him go another year? LoL