Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

goodbye old friend

Kaiser878

ohio
Man sorry to hear this Dave.....from a person who loves his dogs as he does his child.....I feel your pain..... I dried the day I have to bury Leo

teej89

NE PA
ah man sorry to hear that... that's the worst having to put down a dog. But all the memories and stories you've had with him will always be with you. As much as it sucks putting dogs down that'll never stop me from always having one.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
sorry to hear about this...tough day no way around it...would love to hear a story about Scrappy...if you're upto it...perhaps one that makes you smile every time you think about him.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
sorry to hear about this...tough day no way around it...would love to hear a story about Scrappy...if you're upto it...perhaps one that makes you smile every time you think about him.

Wasn't much about that big loveable oaf that didn't make ya smile. From the room clearing farts, to the laughing sound he made when he was dreaming to him meeting me at the gate every day when I got home from work. (That one was rough today, no scrappy at the gate). He was justa big lazy goof that was always by my side. He died in the spot next to my bed where he normally slept.

All in all, I'm sad and I miss him, but given his health problems I know he isn't hurting any more and I'm happy about that.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county

Says a lot, I mean c'mon scrap, that's a cat, eating your food...really?!

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Sucks to hear Dman, that's a good life for a Lab though. Avg lifespan is only 9.9.

I take VERY good care of mine hoping for the same time. And he's lazy as well, but doesn't have a mean bone in his body. Wouldn't even know to bite someone to defend himself....

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Sorry to hear this dante. 1st time I ever saw my dad cry was when his lab tucker died. I think about that old boy alot. Hang in there bud.