Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Good day and a bad day

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Saturday was a good day. A very good friends daughter got married Saturday and the bride wanted to take her wedding pics at my house around the pond…they decided to have the entire wedding party (22 people) and their parents and a few friends over after the wedding but before the reception for some pics, food and alcohol. I’ve never had that many people in my bar at once! It was a great time. They didn’t want to leave to go to the reception!😊

Today was not a good day. My mother in law recently passed and we had the funeral today. The pastor did a great job of injecting some good vibes and humor into the service and got family and friends to tell some funny stories involving my mother in law. Afterwards we went to the cemetery and then a restaurant later. Just got home and the wife is in a pretty decent mood considering the circumstances. Its been a big sway of the pendulum going from celebrating the beginning of a young couples new life together to paying respects to the end of another one. Going to sit at my bar tonight with my wife and a drink and think about the events of the past couple of days.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry for you and your wife’s loss George. Great to hear about the young couple enjoying your place though. Very nice of you to host that many for them.👍🏻

Reactions: Sgt Fury