Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gonna be a long season, but....

buckstar25

T-county
Look at this doe! Wonder what the hell is goin on with her? I'll post the actual pics later but I have never seen anything like this. She is skin and bones, my daughter informed me she is the Ethiopian doe and that her stomach is full of air because she is starving! She is eating at a corn pile in these pics so I don't know what's up! Nursing taking its toll???

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344463818.250889.jpg

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Last year I had a doe that kept showing on cam that looked like that. You could never tell by the pics but she had a broken leg. The only way I found out was by bumping her one day going in to check the camera, she took off and the bottom part of her leg was just swinging. I later found her dead about a month after I saw her.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Last year I had a doe that kept showing on cam that looked like that. You could never tell by the pics but she had a broken leg. The only way I found out was by bumping her one day going in to check the camera, she took off and the bottom part of her leg was just swinging. I later found her dead about a month after I saw her.

had she gotten an infection where the leg was broken? I have seen does with 3 legs who are healthy, thats odd she died.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
It was pretty gross looking after she was dead. Could have Been both infection and lack of mobility to food. She was feeding on a corn pile like this one but, maybe to little to late? She was not a doe that I had always , she showed up that way and stayed probably due to the easy food source.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Not sure what her problem is but something definitely goin on!

Let's start with her face! She apparently hasn't been eating cause it's gone! Rotflmao

Seriously though, as bloated as her stomach looks none of the nutrients are going the rest of her body.