Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Go to bait for Bass

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Mao......I will let you in on a secret for the river that will out fish any crawdad crank on the market... If I am fishing the tusc or the sugar creek its all I throw..... Ive went head to head with lots of guys on the river...Because they laugh when I tell them what it is....Its old school....but for some reason in the summer it is dynamite on smallies and the saugeye tear it up too...... Get yourself a gold hot n' tot.....preferably with the red bill and black back......I promise...you wont ever throw another bait after that.... I throw them rt into the trees and logs and bounce them off shit....They rarely get hung up and when they do, give your line slack and they will float up and free themselves....

There are a couple other things I throw in the river also.......but one big secret is enough. haha

I am a crankin' fool...just ask J. I do some drop shotting and and I pitch and flip several different things... I fish a lot of strike king plastics...I also like to walk a ribbet with 60lb braid on the right lakes with the right conditions...

My buddy also makes his own plastics and I throw a lot of them.....In the near future I believe J will be also.....

The thing I have found about fishing is find something you are confident in...They all work....Somebody out there consistently catches fish on something you or I cant get a hit on... If your fishing reaction strikes, what worm or creature your throwing isnt really all that important, its about the right fish in the right spot....

Thanks Zach! I will give it a try.

epe

Lancaster
Minnows...lol uploadfromtaptalk1397361963261.jpg

Diablo54

Outside
My go to is a 7 inch twirly tail rubber worm. Usually in liver red or green pumpkin. Rig it with a seedless slip sinker and medium sized bass hook, weed less. Also, tear off about 3/4 of an inch to an inch of the top of the worm. Another good color is tequila sunrise. Just ask Taylor haha!

My reel my rod my hook my sinker my tequila sunrise worm. He takes one cast and reels in this one...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397480892.215909.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1397480900.719447.jpg

Diablo54

Outside
My go to would be a strike king mini king spinner bait. White. One of the best lures made.

When things are slow old faithful comes out. Liver red power bait worm. It has produced some "big" bass for lakes around here. Theses were all liver red catches.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397481021.838661.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397481030.193345.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397481038.533638.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397481050.313051.jpg