Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

General Question and Answer thread

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
New Question: So I've got a piece of rural property that's serviced by county water, but I'm thinking I'd like to know if there might be a spring on it or a spot to dig a well so I wouldn't have to rely on county water. What are the steps to take to find and get the water? How much is this gonna cost?

Milo

Tatonka guide.
New Question: So I've got a piece of rural property that's serviced by county water, but I'm thinking I'd like to know if there might be a spring on it or a spot to dig a well so I wouldn't have to rely on county water. What are the steps to take to find and get the water? How much is this gonna cost?
Dan, most county water districts wont allow you to have a well if you have their water service. Just wanted to let you know that. What you can do is research water well logs on ODNR's site for properties near you that may have a well and you can look at their relative depth, casing sizes and production rate to see what they are getting out of them.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Also, most will charge a minimum dig fee no matter the depth. We wanted a well dug just to have for filling the pond. Nothing needed done except the drilling (70 feet at our place as we have another well on the adjoining property) and casing. $3,000 minimum...BS IMHO.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
It is literaly a half days work for them if that. $3k is a bit steep for what was required at the location. Still may do it though.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Dan, most county water districts wont allow you to have a well if you have their water service. Just wanted to let you know that. What you can do is research water well logs on ODNR's site for properties near you that may have a well and you can look at their relative depth, casing sizes and production rate to see what they are getting out of them.

Can't have a well? That's a bunch of horseshit. Who's to say I can't start digging on my own land until I hit water? Permit THIS <grabbing crotch motion> you meddling govt weenies.

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
It is literaly a half days work for them if that. $3k is a bit steep for what was required at the location. Still may do it though.

It isnt the time that makes the price what it is. The cost of a drill rig is extremely high and all of the equipment that is used brings the cost up.

badger

*Supporting Member*
I have a tech question. We still have our son's iphone which has a four digit password. We have tried and tried to figure it out with no luck so far. We are hoping there could be pics on there that we have never seen.

The local law enforcement said they can bypass the password without losing any data, but they don't have the resources to use on something like this. Apple says they can't help us, so has the computer guy up the road. We can do a restore but that will wipe out any data that is stored. Anything we want to look at is stored on the phone and not the sim card. He didn't have a backup set up on itunes, so syncing the phone in dfu mode won't work either.

I'm hoping Joe or another tech guy maybe able to help us out.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I have a tech question. We still have our son's iphone which has a four digit password. We have tried and tried to figure it out with no luck so far. We are hoping there could be pics on there that we have never seen.

The local law enforcement said they can bypass the password without losing any data, but they don't have the resources to use on something like this. Apple says they can't help us, so has the computer guy up the road. We can do a restore but that will wipe out any data that is stored. Anything we want to look at is stored on the phone and not the sim card. He didn't have a backup set up on itunes, so syncing the phone in dfu mode won't work either.

I'm hoping Joe or another tech guy maybe able to help us out.

I am NOT a tech guy. But the dude who sits across from me here at work is tech saavy, and buys/sells/changes/switches phone more often than I do underwear.
Laid the situation out to him and this video is what he came up with, for what it's worth.
http://smartphones.wonderhowto.com/how-to/unlock-your-iphone-ipod-touch-bypass-passcode-422926/

Let me know if it works

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

^^^ What he said.

In my county, the cities and villages usually won't let you drill a well... But there are a thousands of private water wells out in the townships where rural water is also available. Contact the county water purveyor for your area and just ask them, Dan.

As far as the well vs. spring goes... You want a well. Spring systems, per state code, require filtration and continuous disinfection components... as do wells drilled less than 25' deep (since it's essentially a spring). Contact your local health department and ask for a list of registered private water system contractors. Also, ask them which contractor(s) seems to do the most business in that county. They're not supposed to recommend a certain contractor due to conflict of interest... But usually the guys who don't have trouble finding work, especially in this economy, are the guys with the best reputation.

badger

*Supporting Member*

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang you guys are good! It's nice to know we have TOO members to turn TOO when things like these crop up.:smiley_clap:Well done guys!