Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finally!! Mathews picking!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
The picture was taken in the yard, which is basically a foodplot. They have been killing it. Yes I am shipping it back to Texas! I'm excited to eat her!!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Thanks all!

As many of you know I hunted REALLY hard last year. I logged 300 hours in a stand, missed a doe, and lost one to coyotes because I left her lay over night to be "safe". I also did not get a shot opp on any mature bucks. Well this year my farm really seemed to be having a lot higher deer numbers. I hunted the first week of Nov, and saw deer every sit. I checked a camera on Thanksgiving. I had 1300 pics in 3 weeks!! All does almost! I decided if given the opportunity I would kill one. This one specifically had blown at me several times. I was more than happy too kill her. I also had my younger cousin at the farm, and he enjoyed the moment with me.

I will get to hunt again in 3 weeks around Xmas time. I will try to shoot a mature buck or maybe another slick off a diff farm.

Thank you for reading. God Bless!

Albert

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
congratulations on your very fine doe this year at1010...glad you enjoyed your limited in Ohio this year...looking forward to reading about your upcoming hunts.