Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Family Vacation Ideas

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thank god for movies and cell phones.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435695860.722065.jpg

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
It ended up at 14 inning marathon with a Bucco win, 5-4. I'm beat!!!

Kids in front of the ticket box
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435727154.051775.jpg

Waiting on our table at Hockeytown
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435727188.873048.jpg

Two of my favorites growing up. Great double play combo.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435727239.524751.jpg

The family heading in

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435727313.329500.jpg

Drinks are good

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435727350.366553.jpg

Katie got a ball from the relief pitchers in the bullpen.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435727371.901787.jpg

They felt bad for Klay too, I guess.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435727416.955387.jpg

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Good stuff, Jeff!

Well, the trip is planned...

1. Bought tickets off StubHub the Pirates at Detroit and staying one night in a hotel right by the stadium.
2. Heading north the next day and shacking up in Saint Ignace which is just over the Mackinaw Bridge. We will chill there and enjoy the sights for that day. Got the hotel for 3 nights.
3. Leave the hotel on the 2nd day there and take the 2 hour drive up to Pictured Rocks and spend the day touring the area. I know we probably need more than one day, but we are limited on time.
4. The next day, take the jet boat over to Mackinaw Island and hang there for the day.
5. Head home so the wife can have a full day to recover on the couch before heading back to work.

I'd love to spend more time up there and take it all in, but we are limited this year. I will be taking the fishing poles along to try and wet a line since the hotel is right on the Huron.

Thanks for all the input guys. I took it all in. We were trying to plan a stop in Frankemuth, but doesn't look like it will fit in this time. Maybe on the way up if we are looking for a pit stop just so the wife can check out the Christmas shop.

Sound like a fun trip. I'm sure your hitting the locks in the Sue. Pretty cool watching a 1000' ship drop 22 feet. Pictured rocks is awesome. Especially from a boat. The Tahquamenon falls is not far off the trail.
Mackinaw island is a nice place. Its Like a different world. Expensive though. I recommend trying the whitefish, I love it. Way to much to do up there in the time you have. Crossing the mighty Mac is always a pleasure. Except in the winter when its snowing and blowing. If you like beer try the lake superior brewing company in Grand Marais, They have good food to. Munising is nice town if you make it that far. Enjoy the beauty.
Lot to do in Mackinaw city also. Enjoy your trip. Northern Michigan is a beautiful place.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I'm thinking Satorini Greece. Word is cash is king right now. They defaulted on their first round of IMF bailout payments today. That will go one of two way it will weaken the Euro and strengthen the dollar. Or Greece will be booted from the Euro and have to stand up their own currency. Either way the old greenback will go a long way on vacation.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Enjoy Mike and gang! Great pictures. I had no clue MI offered some of what you have posted. The flag flying off the back of the boat is a kick ass picture!