Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dove opener.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason, my buddy that owns the pheasant preserve and I shot our limit again last evening, but it did take a little longer than it did on opening day. It was still a good shoot. I took my "long tom" 12 ga. just because I wanted to see just how far I could kill a dove. It's probably a good thing I took that cannon as some of the birds I killed were WAY out of range of my 870. Good clean fun, but I'd guess we are done with doves for the season.

Attachments

• Fairfield-20130902-01026.jpg
    Fairfield-20130902-01026.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 175

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Brock, just got back from the field where you guys hunted last night (seen your trucks, I think) and limited in a little over an hour. Wasn't many people and birds were actually flying at a reasonable height. On Monday I agree most were sky high, but I think it was from all the guns pointed at them.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
If I were a dove, I'd have been flying high too! We did not go today, but may again a time or two this week. Its doubtful as we are low on ammo. :)

LonewolfNopack

The woods
If I were a dove, I'd have been flying high too! We did not go today, but may again a time or two this week. Its doubtful as we are low on ammo. :)

I looked for your number in my phone as I was driving there today but must not have it anymore. I was going to see if you wanted to go. I am down to one box of ammo myself. The guy beside me today shot his limit in 26 shots, better than I have ever done!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That's a pretty good average! I dove hunt to SHOOT. I may actually try to hit more of them someday, but that is gonna require me to pick good opportunities only. What's the fun in that?:)

Bonecrusher

Ho everybody. New to this site and my first real year of focusing on doves. I can tell you there is nothing more fun. A buddy and I went out Monday and got our limits. Tried some public land and pulled 3 off of it. Went back to private land for the rest of them. I am amazed at how much fun it is. Looking forward to getting to know some people from this site!

Bonecrusher

I have looked high and low in Delaware, Union, Marion counties and everyone is sold out of the Mojo Motorized doves. Anyone have one they would be interested in parting with?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I have looked high and low in Delaware, Union, Marion counties and everyone is sold out of the Mojo Motorized doves. Anyone have one they would be interested in parting with?

The only place I found them was dicks but I refuse to shop there. Bellas didn't even have them.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Last edited: