Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doggone good dog thread

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
IMG_0983.jpeg
Well here he is. Belated birthday. 10 years old old man. Still got a bit hyper in him like a youngin. Thanks for being in my life, buddy. Let’s keep on going.

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Let's go down to Florida, she said. We can house sit for my parents where it's warm while they are traveling, she said. It'll be fun, she said.

Then THIS happened. Parents got a yellow lab puppy before leaving.

Meet Mabel. 8wk old, 15 lb English lab. Mom is confident she might barely be 50lbs when full grown. Vet is leaning towards 80 lol.

We're really pissed at the bed tag!
20240129_195237.jpg

20240129_195231.jpg
20240129_195228.jpg

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Today was a rough one for Mabel. She was down and flat most of the morning and previous night. Around 930 vomited breakfast. Around 10 developed soft stool. Vet is worried about parvo.

We rushed her in. Negative for parvo. Positive for hookworms, roundworms, and fleas.

Got started on meds, symparica trio, probiotics and anti shits paste. Gonna be a fun couple of days.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Today was a rough one for Mabel. She was down and flat most of the morning and previous night. Around 930 vomited breakfast. Around 10 developed soft stool. Vet is worried about parvo.

We rushed her in. Negative for parvo. Positive for hookworms, roundworms, and fleas.

Got started on meds, symparica trio, probiotics and anti shits paste. Gonna be a fun couple of days.
Parasites are definitely the better option. Glad to hear it wasn’t Parvo.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

How’s she doing today, Steve?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Not so doggone good on this one…….

Should be a FAFO thread. Bristol blew out her knee and tore the tendon up. Vet looked at it gave the diagnosis and a referral to a specialty veterinary in Hickory NC (about an hour away). They’re specialized in this kind of trauma. Saw them, got their opinion, which mirrored our vets opinion.
Surgery scheduled for last Wednesday, postponed a day before due to power outages scheduled for the day of surgery in their area. That was last Wednesday. So we dropped her off yesterday morning. They performed the surgery, damage was pretty much what they expected. Screws and plates to reattach everything together. 8 weeks of nothing more than walking on a leash and the first 2 having to use a sling to help her walk and not put a lot of wait on the leg.
Fun, fun, fun……. Sooooo the wife and I will have our schedule filled for the next couple months while she rehabs…..

IMG_7696.jpeg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Pisser. Did that once with our Yellow Lab Clark. Expensive. Best wishes for a smooth recovery.
Thanks, the hardest part is going to be keeping her from tearing it back up the first couple of weeks. But so far the meds are keeping her knocked out and lethargic. We’ve recycled carpet remnants to limit the bare floors to keep her from slipping.
IMG_7699.jpeg

Buckmaster

Portage
Sorry to hear J. Next pet I get I’m getting health insurance. In my family’s 50 years of having beagles we never had it, nor needed it. It’s been 4 months since our weiner died. My bill currently sits at $16k and I’m paying monthly at $421 until it’s paid off. Expensive 4 legged kids.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sorry to hear J. Next pet I get I’m getting health insurance. In my family’s 50 years of having beagles we never had it, nor needed it. It’s been 4 months since our weiner died. My bill currently sits at $16k and I’m paying monthly at $421 until it’s paid off. Expensive 4 legged kids.
Yeah, hindsight is always 20/20….. I scoffed @ it when we registered her….. Guess that karma is a bitch thing got us….. 🤬