Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Diablo spotlight on deer hunt log

Diablo54

Outside
He didn't make it all the way in. He turned. But I learned a few things. He's kill able but it will take strategy. I'll explain here in a few min

Diablo54

Outside
This may take a few posts. And I'm gona apologize before hand for the lack of quality/skill in drawing on my pictures. I have to do it all through my iPhone lol

Diablo54

Outside
The pink dots are the only places I've had a camera up and I have pictures of him at both spots. The spot on the left is a bean field and the spot on the right is a field edge with a few big oaks and a salt block

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350473548.980543.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350473659.604818.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1350473673.954349.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350473700.584828.jpg

Diablo54

Outside
Ok. The red line is where I walked in. I parked at the barn and walked down the bottom and set up my climber (where all the green dots are). The pink arrow shows wind direction. The gray oval is where he is bedding. It's thick as can be through that bank. We pick up a lot of sheds in it every year. The white line is his direction of travel last night. The blue is where he was when I walked out of the woods and into the field.

Diablo54

Outside
Last night he came off of the brushy bank and walked through the creek until he crossed up the hill. I have a few options I'm just not sure which one to take.

Diablo54

Outside
Option number one.

I could park where I parked before and slip in just like I did last night but walk all the way down the creek and stay quiet/hidden until I get to the spot that is in line with where he is crossing to go up the hill. I'm just afraid that that will be too close and he will watch me climb up the tree.