Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dealing w. Target Panic

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
If you guys didn't catch the impressive win by 15-year old Bodie Turner in Vegas, you need to watch this clip before listening to the podcast. This is some stone cold killer stuff and he's still a kid!

Now, listen to this podcast and allow yourself to be enlightened! You'll quickly see why young Bodie is a world champion and likely to become one of the most decorated archers of all time. After listening to this, I realized that I was simply using a mechanical means to cover up my mental deficiencies when I first went to a back tension release in 2006. It took years to build my mental routine during the shot process and it's something that I'll work on until my last day on earth.

If you're an archer, you owe it to yourself to listen to Mr. Turner's teachings.

Screenshot_20230223_073128_Spotify.jpg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I’ve watched a lot of Joel’s free advice via YouTube. I believe it is valid for most. Mason is a prime example. If he shoot’s a command shot very much he tends to develop panic. I am certain I anticipate the shot more than I’m willing to admit, but I’ve done it for more than 40 years now. I admit with a freshly set hinge release and no idea of the thing’s timing, I shoot better than I do once I’ve learned the releases timing… but with a single string bow, I just don’t want a clicker or trigger of any kind. It just isn’t right. Mason on the other hand uses a grip clicker and it works for him. Joel is onto something as is evident via his son’s success at a very young age.