Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cotty's 2012 trail cam thread

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Could this be Moby from post #111?

Regardless, we experiemented with the Spypoint's video mode and got this buck chasing off a doe. Whatever buck this is, he doesn't have much height, but he has some width.
If you pause at 1:01 (at the end) it gives best view of him. Looks like the elusive Moby.

[video=youtube;aBxuZIhU1l8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBxuZIhU1l8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
That buck doesn't look too bad at all. Right at the end of the video you can really tell how wide he is. Looks good Mike! Does he make your shooter list or is he one for your boys?

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I checked my card on the way out of the "crossing" stand. This guy showed up for a good pic finally. I wonder if this is the elusive Moby? He's not quite ready to be shot yet, but looks promising. Of course, Kody could take him if he wants. This also could be the buck in the video. It's the same property about 1/4 mile apart.

036.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Can't really tell for sure about the drop off my phone but looks like he might have small ones on both sides. Not 100% though.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I went out hunting this evening and checked cams along the way. Finally got a great pic of the buck with the little drop. He is in fact Jagger from last year. I had feared Jagger was dead, but there is no doubt this is the same deer. I know he's not a giant, but man... he's tempting. I'm really holding out hope that Kody gets a crack at him before I am forced to make a decision on him.

I've seen him twice while on stand. Once last year in a dense fog the morning I shot mine and once earlier this year from the same stand. he only skirted my range this year.

The first pic is this year. the second is last year.
The rest are this year (just in case you overlook the dates)

018.jpg
019.jpg

020.jpg
021.jpg
022.jpg

Last edited: