Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Butler/warren/ Hamilton county public hunting

Mdavis96

I currently live in Hamilton county and as most of you know have just recently got into deer hunting with my new crossbow. I am looking for some public land near me that I can scout and hopefully fill this tag. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Spencie

Bankfish

There's a few public spots here in northern Butler and south Preble counties. Rush run, hueston woods and woodland trails. As with anywhere else, get off the beaten path and there are deerz to be found. I think Prater park in south Butler allows hunting also, never been there tho. Woodland trails would be my pick;)

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
He's got a license and tag for Ohio, why the fuck would he want to go to Kentucky and Indiana? How the fuck are you a teacher?
6DA56722-0896-464F-B730-278FBD82B4AC.jpeg

Mdavis96

There's a few public spots here in northern Butler and south Preble counties. Rush run, hueston woods and woodland trails. As with anywhere else, get off the beaten path and there are deerz to be found. I think Prater park in south Butler allows hunting also, never been there tho. Woodland trails would be my pick;)
Thank you sir appreciate it

Bigcountry40

He's got a license and tag for Ohio, why the fuck would he want to go to Kentucky and Indiana? How the fuck are you a teacher?
Lack of Ohio public land near him, hunting in another state just across the border could be cheaper in the long run with gas. Like I said just an idea

Reactions: hickslawns

Bigcountry40

If I lived in southwest Ohio I’d hunt Indy and Kentucky along with Ohio, south east Ohio I’d hunt West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio. probably throw Pennsylvania in the mix also, just saying don’t hurt to look

Reactions: Dustinb80