Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Buckslayer 2013

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
My first thought was "who hung that there" but it still had skin and hair on the base...Dont know any hunter who would leave a shed behind, its early in the shed season, and I was in a pretty remote area back in the woods. But either way it sure was easy to see haha

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Seth, looks like some real good areas, by the pics you have. That green fern stuff that grows close to the ground, seems to hold deer for some reason. We have se here as well and deer trails are easily found in it. We pick up quite a few sheds on those trails.

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
2/18/13 #6 61 6/8 inches, also found #7 but was a small chewed up fork horn given to landowners dog.

2/20/13 #8, #9, #10 Big Set-PUBLIC LAND

Last edited:

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Hey, put a tape on that match set. Looks like a solid 145" plus as an 8 point. That G4 on the right side looks to be an inch or so. Hey by the way, I couldn't help but notice, that picture of that pretty young lady on the wall. Is that your sister? Also, was that your Dad holding the 61" 5 point?

Buckmaster

Portage
Hey by the way, I couldn't help but notice, that picture of that pretty young lady on the wall. Is that your sister?

Please excuse our good friend Ron "Shed Horn Ball" Newsome. Nice stack of shed finds you have there Seth. By the way, you are still shorted the family looks but at least you can find horns.

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
Hey, put a tape on that match set. Looks like a solid 145" plus as an 8 point. That G4 on the right side looks to be an inch or so. Hey by the way, I couldn't help but notice, that picture of that pretty young lady on the wall. Is that your sister? Also, was that your Dad holding the 61" 5 point?

Yes, Yes.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Please excuse our good friend Ron "Shed Horn Ball" Newsome. Nice stack of shed finds you have there Seth. By the way, you are still shorted the family looks but at least you can find horns.
Your funny. I haven't met Seth yet and you can only stare at horns for so long! Lol. Really, looking forward too seeing some of those sheds in person sometime. Great finds and it's nice TOO meet the family.lol.

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County

138 gross, 129 4/8 net given a 16 inch spread.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm speechless....! Lol

Your on a tear! Love the fat gnarly stump. That buck is a dinosaur! Lol you've found some great sheds. Congrats

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I'm speechless....! Lol

Your on a tear! Love the fat gnarly stump. That buck is a dinosaur! Lol you've found some great sheds. Congrats

I have to agree, I would incorporate that stump looking shed into a paper weight! Lol. That thing is neat! I sound like a broken record, but Seth, your "racking" them up! Lol. Congrats.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang. Hadn't checked in on this thread in a while. You are kicking butt Seth! Keep it up. Seems like many of the ones you are finding are solid specimens too. Saw a few smaller ones (forkhorns/spikes) but these are some dandies! Loved the old buck shed.