Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Services buck creek taxidermy

Schu72

Streetsboro
Question for you...

Do you or do you know anyone that does antler reconstruction? I have one head that fell off the wall and needs the rack reconstructed. And not to count my chickens before they hatch, but I'll want the flyer added back to Moe if kill him...

Jesse...I'm not sure if you are planning to have Moe officailly scored or not, but make sure you have him scored before you alter the antlers. He may get DQ'd. Some clubs have provisions for broken antlers. Not sure about all the specifics. Just something to consider....when he takes the dirt nap.

rossbows

We can repair the antler if its broken and make a new tine if it is broken off and gone. $10 per in. For repair of tines.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Jesse...I'm not sure if you are planning to have Moe officailly scored or not, but make sure you have him scored before you alter the antlers. He may get DQ'd. Some clubs have provisions for broken antlers. Not sure about all the specifics. Just something to consider....when he takes the dirt nap.

I'm aware of that. I don't plan to have him entered in to any books and if change my mind, I'll be sure to go through that process before I have him repaired. The other buck is not going to be score or entered either, so no problem there either...

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
I'm aware of that. I don't plan to have him entered in to any books and if change my mind, I'll be sure to go through that process before I have him repaired. The other buck is not going to be score or entered either, so no problem there either...

Is this hypothetical, or did you kill Moe? I've been outta the loop for almost a week.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Is this hypothetical, or did you kill Moe? I've been outta the loop for almost a week.

Purely hypothetical. I was thinking about the deer of dad's that needed repaired and wanted to do that soon. I have also given it a good bit of thought and I'd love to have the flyer of his G2 repaired if I get lucky and kill Moe. That was such a cool piece to his rack and I have thousands of pics to aid in reconstructing it. For me, it would be worth the money to have it repaired. But I have to get to that point first...

rossbows

To give you guys an idea on the turn around time. I have six mounts done and its only been six weeks. But when gun season rolls around it will take longer lots of heads to do. So for you die hard bow hunters you can expect to get them back fast.

Attachments

• buck.jpg
    buck.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 200
  • buck2.jpg
    buck2.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

rossbows

I repaired two tines on my deer from last year. One was completely gone and one was half there. they are not done will show the finished product later.

Attachments

• rack.jpg
    rack.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 174

rossbows

Finished a few mounts up today. What you guys think of are work.

Attachments

• mount3.jpg
    mount3.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 209
  • mount2.jpg
    mount2.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 209
  • mount 1.jpg
    mount 1.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 187

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great idea to use the old bard siding with those Euro mounts! I like to see euros done at a 45-degree angle, though... instead of just teeth flat to the wall... I think the 45 displays the rack a bit better. A couple extra pieces of barn siding and that would be easy to do. Great work as usual, man!

rossbows

Weirdest deer I ever mounted before. Its lower jaw was set back inch and a half. Never seen this before.

Attachments

• deer1.jpg
    deer1.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 181
  • deer2.jpg
    deer2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 198