Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Broadheads

ohiobowhunter78

I used to be a fixed blade guy always shot muzzys. I got turned on to nap killzone bout 2 years ago I will never shoot fixed again. I would have to say nap is the sharpest blades u will ever get. My buddy shoots rage and they put nice holes but these killzone outdo them by far. Personaly fixed I would go muzzy,mechanical I would go nap killzone. I also hear nap fixed blades are very nice to.

00buck

i shot rage 3 blade but has any one used the g5 fixed blade heads i am thinking of shooting them this year and need quick advive

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Do a google search for "BIpolar broadheads" and check then suckers out. Hybrid between a muzzy and a rage.

mightymet

I used the killzones last year. They worked great. Extremely sharp and great flight. Left a very nice entrance and exit wound. I was debating on using the NAP spitfire max this year. My friend uses them and they also seem to fly well. He didn't get a shot at a deer with one but did shoot a turkey with it. Tore it up pretty good.

00buck

i have used spitfires with my crossbow never with my compound maybe i will shoot them since i have 6 new ones still

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Bought two packs of Slick Trick 100 magnums today. My question is do you sacrifice one head for practice being that they don't provide a practice broadhead? Letith hearith whatith youith sayith...lol

Thanks in advance!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Bought two packs of Slick Trick 100 magnums today. My question is do you sacrifice one head for practice being that they don't provide a practice broadhead? Letith hearith whatith youith sayith...lol

Thanks in advance!

I shoot at least three to make sure everything is copacetic. Just give them a quick sharpening after.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I understand Charles, how do you resharpen them. Could I also just use the one dulled head on three different arrows and get the same results?!?

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I understand Charles, how do you resharpen them. Could I also just use the one dulled head on three different arrows and get the same results?!?

If you have your arrows built by milo and bow tuned by milo you only have to use 1:D:eek::D:D

Kaiser878

ohio
When i shot fixed blades I would shoot all of them in the pack once. Just to make sure they were all good flyers. Muzzys always were good for 2 or 3 bent ferruls in a pack. I've noticed with the montecs they are almost always straight. Plus those heads are easy to sharpen...

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
When i shot fixed blades I would shoot all of them in the pack once. Just to make sure they were all good flyers. Muzzys always were good for 2 or 3 bent ferruls in a pack. I've noticed with the montecs they are almost always straight. Plus those heads are easy to sharpen...

I NEVER had an issue with Muzzy. Things must have changed since I shot 'em years ago. Those things would spin like a top every time.

Kaiser878

ohio
I bought two of the big packs from gander years ago... I was shooting muzzys in 03,04,05,06. And both packs had bent ferruls. Might have just been a bad batch.....not sure....my uncle, who got me into deer hunting always shot them as well....and he had a run of bent ferruls also... after that I stopped buying them .... I actually shot my first deer with a bow that had a muzzy tipped arrow in 1996

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The Muzzys I bought last year all spun great but I'm sure I just got lucky. Just wanted to give SL a try this year. I still have 5 sharp Muzzys and 6 sharp Rage 3 blades for backup. They all shot pretty good for me at the target butt out to 40.

Milo, if you lived closer I'd be over in a heartbeat brother!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Got one ST Mag already for testing tomorrow. Temps are going to be ideal for shooting. What I'm going to do is just shoot one BH with 6 different arrows and hopefully have 3 that are grouping tight at 20-40 yards then use those for hunting. I'll keep y'all posted on my results.