Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brick paver patios

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks good Phil. Really dig that fire pit!

I have been considering a patio coming off our deck to give us a little more living space. If I thought we'd stay longer, it may have been done already.

Yup. Truth be told, I think you need to be able to enjoy it to justify it. If you have thoughts of moving, then the justification would need to be: Cost of the patio will increase the value of the property by at least as much as the invoice. Were I in a neighborhood of $400-500k houses, I could drop $20k in a patio and probably get it back if I were to sell the house. In my $125-150k house, a $20k patio will not increase my property by $20k. The shear fact we plan on being here for the long haul was enough justification for me. BUT. . . I only have actual costs in this one. It "might" increase my value by 50-75% of my costs. A lot of this depends on location at times as well.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Glad I could make you laugh AND you are here to tell about it. What would that have been? Involuntary manslaughter?

Erin didn't really see the catalog. She was on pinterest. Showed me some ideas. I blended them with how I had it envisioned in my head.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Phil, how far do you travel to do jobs like that? :smiley_coolpeace:

Most of our jobs are within 30-45min of Lima or closer. I wouldn't be opposed to driving further. Might require some job scheduling a few months out. Would probably be determined by "how elaborate" the patio was going to be. More tempting to take on a project out of town if it is 4-5 days long versus 4-5wks long.