Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bow time

Milo

Tatonka guide.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392561944.228338.jpgcuring riser inserts for limbs

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Here is some updates for today. Was a rough one for sure as we worked through some serious issues with mine which we expected due to our error on cutout. We have it fixed for next bow but this one was a beyatch. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393187525.777965.jpg

Milo

Tatonka guide.
looking good, but the proof is in the puddin'. how does it shoot?

I shot it a couple of times with gregs arrows and it is pretty nice. Hits hard and not as much hand shock as I thought there would be for being light in physical weight. It's heavy in draw weight but u think we can get it down .

Jamie

Ohio
the presences of any noticeable hand shock in a three piece takedown recurve would seem to me to be indicative of a significant problem with limb timing and/or tiller. with that much of the middle of the bow being completely rigid there should be no hand shock. noise is another good indicator of deficiencies in timing and/or tiller.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
the presences of any noticeable hand shock in a three piece takedown recurve would seem to me to be indicative of a significant problem with limb timing and/or tiller. with that much of the middle of the bow being completely rigid there should be no hand shock. noise is another good indicator of deficiencies in timing and/or tiller.

It is at 1/4 inch positive tiller now I think. Greg may remember better it may he only 1/8th. We have some work there. Dons bows are 3/4 of an inch and that seems smooth. I thought gregs bow was as quiet as an assenheimer with no string silencers

Jamie

Ohio
3/4"? are you sure? that is an enormous disparity between the limbs. did you measure the tiller at full draw? that is what really matters. what it looks like at brace isn't important. seems like both my Assenheimers are 1/8" positive tiller in the upper limb (lower limb stiffer). might be worth a trip over here to put bows on tillering tree with single point of contact to see how well they are balanced before you get too far along with weight removal.