Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

BigSlams yote trapping

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Nice work on getting a new property.
Idk how many yotes are still around, this property is only a mile from my in-laws and where the guy caught 9 this year. I'm going to stick with it till the first or second week of March then I'm done. This shit is wearing on me, especially when I'm not catching any.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
If I don't catch anything within the next week where I'm at now I'm pulling all my traps and snares and moving to the other property.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
uploadfromtaptalk1454430877027.jpg

Fugg. My buddy thinks it was coon.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
uploadfromtaptalk1454432750973.jpg

Pulled all my snares at my in-laws, checked the SD card, and this bastard came through the other night. I've about had it with these sons a bitches.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Remember Chad Canines are starting to breed. You are going to get stragglers roaming around looking for action.
Usually when I had traps dug up it was from a canine. Reset it like it was and slide in another trap back or to the side about 10". But make this one blend in to natural surroundings. Have fooled a few this way.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I reset it and put grass over it to blend it in. I'll put another one behind it this week. It's raining now and it looks like it will be all-day tomorrow.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Oh yea. If'n it gets dug up every night, it could be a grey fox. Some of them will keep coming back until they finally mess up and get in the trap. They are kinda goofy like that.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Oh yea. If'n it gets dug up every night, it could be a grey fox. Some of them will keep coming back until they finally mess up and get in the trap. They are kinda goofy like that.
I haven't seen a grey fox around here in years. I'm sure there's a few around though.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
uploadfromtaptalk1454805485360.jpg

This is my first year trying out the coil spring traps and all I can catch is fuggin coon. I started a couple weeks ago and I've caught 3, and had something dig my trap up. Not having much luck. I did get some good dry dirt out of the farmers barn and I got some peat moss also so hopefully that helps. I'm running two Victor 1.75 4 coil, and two MB 550's. I like the MB 550's better, the difference in quality is easy to see. I'm determined to catch one in a foot trap, so I'll keep setting them and checking every morning. I have 5 snares out also on this new property.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
View attachment 41508

This is my first year trying out the coil spring traps and all I can catch is fuggin coon. I started a couple weeks ago and I've caught 3, and had something dig my trap up. Not having much luck. I did get some good dry dirt out of the farmers barn and I got some peat moss also so hopefully that helps. I'm running two Victor 1.75 4 coil, and two MB 550's. I like the MB 550's better, the difference in quality is easy to see. I'm determined to catch one in a foot trap, so I'll keep setting them and checking every morning. I have 5 snares out also on this new property.

Fore!!!!!