Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Berries 2021

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
20210629_194310.jpg

A little over a gallon tonight.... Going to call it 14.5 gallons....

Just picked 2 more quarts. Now at 5 quarts with 3 plants to go yet, plus the ripe ones showing up on the previously picked plants. All organic and am amazed at the lack of bugs, especially mosquitos, thank you Jesus! The netting has the birds quite irritated, but I always leave them some, after the little ones come a picking. They eat far more then they keep...like their uncle (me) when I go pick blackberries, strawberries and raspberries. I found a strawberry patch just off of a fairway when golfing. I filled my gut and my cooler with the biggest wild strawberries i've ever seen. Aparently they are benefitting from the fertilizer from the runoff of the course. Plus I filled my golf bag full of Titleist Pro V's and others golf balls the big hitter's lose off the fairway some 260 + yards from the Tee Box!

Reactions: xbowguy
Up to 10 quarts and I can see them and the netting in my sleep. I was eating dinner last night and swear I was looking through the net at my dinner plate...

I remember roller skating at the rink when I was young and feeling like I was still on skates hours later. Or Ice Fishing all day and seeing the holes with my eyes closed hours after leaving the ice...

Up to 10 quarts and I can see them and the netting in my sleep. I was eating dinner last night and swear I was looking through the net at my dinner plate...

I remember roller skating at the rink when I was young and feeling like I was still on skates hours later. Or Ice Fishing all day and seeing the holes with my eyes closed hours after leaving the ice...
...Oh and xbowguy your background place mat behind your berries and batteries is giving me major flash backs...

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Picked a gallon for my daughter. And I picked a gallon tonight for my neighbor ( I think he almost shit his pants when he saw that bucket full of berries).
I pick one gallon tomorrow for my crane mechanic, We will be right at 30 gallons for the year. (Counting the domestics we grew also)...I'm fuggin done unless one of you guys want to come over and I will help fill yer bucket. There is PLENTY still on these plants.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Hell yeah peach cobler rocks. Big ole scoop of vanilla ice cream and warm peach cobbler.

30 gallons is a damn big load of berries. Holy crap dude.

Thanks!
My remark was an exclamation point...not a question mark. See, told ya I was whooped...lol. Berry Patches average about 110° lately.