Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Am I the only one?? Have I lost it??

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
My brother in law is getting married on the 24th and my boys are both ring bearers in the wedding, so my time will be very limited. I was hoping to hunt the morning, but shooting something is almost out of the question due to my timeline. I don't think I've ever shot a deer before October 10th-12th.

Send a card and best wishes. lol

Milo

Tatonka guide.
its a long season and i got lots of killin to do this year so its just a start of a grind for me.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
its a long season and i got lots of killin to do this year so its just a start of a grind for me.

Me too. Back when my freezer door was left open I lost all my deer meat.

Does beating off to old buckmaster count?

You guys closer than I thought? ;) I wrote it above the way I read it the first time. I was like WTF???

Beentown

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Can't fuggin' wait, literally all I want to do right now is hunt. Especially feelin the cool mornings and dropping temperatures we've been having here lately. It's got my blood pumpin

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Why is it that this thread is making the anticipation even worse?!?!?!? I don't know if I can make it another full week. Might have to do some outlawin'. lol

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I cant wait to get in the tree, i will be hunting One spot with my dad and my buddy in the morning, and then moving to the farm in the afternoon to hunt and film with denny...It is going to be awesome. Next week is going to be killer, but busy. I want to shoot some, gotta get all the gear ready, washed up, smoked up, etc. Woo Hoo Its time boys!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I have been counting days for a long time lmao.

Opening morning I will be in my new setup on the pasture and the afternoon will find me in my climber in the north block. I have a feeling something will die opening day lol.

swamp_donkey819

i hope we all get something opening day buck or doe as long as we all get something, might be a wwild n out wish but who knows, im so anxious i was up all night went out to a property and sat this morning ended up seein 6 deer and made me and my buddy wonder why we forgot our bows

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Just looked at the extended forcast for my area for Saturday. Looks like a cool start to the morning at 50 and a high of 67 with NO rain and a west wind predicted.

I hope all that holds true and I will be checking it daily lmao.

Kujo

Maumee, OH
No you're not. I am just sturing inside. Keep on going over everything I need to get done, where to sit, did I already do that, well should I do that. I can't wait to get out there, but I don't fell that I am ready. Don't really know why though. It may be that I am not caught up on all the other crap around the house, and the bucher shop isn't set up for the season yet. ( the garage ).

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I spent the last two hours shooting. I'm just itching to go!

Here's my group at 20 off the deck...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316208909.036582.jpg

Here's my groups at 30... One got away Lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316208952.771599.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316209036.583042.jpg

Here's my group at 40...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316208991.974085.jpg

They're not the best groups, but they're kills.

Here's my 11 year old, Kody, at 30 yards. Three on the block and one in the lungs.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316209115.974221.jpg

Here's my 9 year old Klay at 30 yards.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316209157.609292.jpg

Our target has a head problem, Lol

I'm so fired up to hunt right now my stomach is in knots. I'm also so fired up to try to get both boys a buck. That will be a huge challenge, but I think they are ready.

Last edited: