Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ajupsman's 2015 Ohio Adventure

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Got skunked tonight. Not surprised since it was almost 80°. I did have some company in the woods though. I guess I set my stand next door to a racoon family. They kept a good eye on me.

uploadfromtaptalk1445559503699.jpg

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Skunked again this morning but I'm not surprised. These warm temps have put a halt to the daytime movement. I'm doing a ground sit tonight where I can glass 4 fields. Basically an observation sit.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Well not much to report. Did the observation sit last night and the only thing I saw was a lot of nothing. We both got skunked this morning too. Neither of us have seen a deer since Thursday morning. It's like they just vanished. We have a 10 minute ride from the lodge to the farm and we're not seeing much in our travels either. Tonight is too windy for a treestand sit. Pete is going to glass the fields and I'm on the ground. Im at a fence crossing with a half cut cornfield on the north side of me and hardwoods to the south and east. Wind is gusting pretty bad so I'm not optimistic but you can't kill them from the couch.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
This weather and moon is killing you guys. Good news conference the moon rises here soon and may have them in on their feet

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hope there are deer all around your stand as the sun is coming up! Hang in there and good luck!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Slow movement would be an improvement. It's just dead out here right now. I'm absolutely stunned. This place looks like it should be full of deer.
Garrett and I were covered in deer. Do you think you guys may have over scouted the area? We had deer all around us on all 3 sits. We just slid in and back out though.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
On my way to work this morning I saw more deer on my way to work than I have in 3 plus years for one 8 mile stretch of the 20. Saw roughly 15-18 total but in like 5 areas. That was nice to see for a change!

Seeing lots of mid day movement on my cameras so make sure they aren't patterning you. Are you guys hunting all day or coming in for lunch?

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Garrett and I were covered in deer. Do you think you guys may have over scouted the area? We had deer all around us on all 3 sits. We just slid in and back out though.
We couldn't have over scouted it. We stayed on the edges and just inside the wood lots. Never went in to any of the thick stuff. I've hunted that same stand you guys did for 4 sits. Saw one small one Wednesday night. A decent buck Thursday morning. Nothing the last 2 mornings including today. Those are the only 2 deer we've seen. Even last night we glassed the fields because it was so windy and rainy. Just saw one at last light. It's just tough hunting right now.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
On my way to work this morning I saw more deer on my way to work than I have in 3 plus years for one 8 mile stretch of the 20. Saw roughly 15-18 total but in like 5 areas. That was nice to see for a change!

Seeing lots of mid day movement on my cameras so make sure they aren't patterning you. Are you guys hunting all day or coming in for lunch?
We haven't hunted all day because we're not seeing anything. If I start seeing deer I'll sit longer. I just can't stare at the same empty woods for 12 straight hours. Don't have it in me.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
We even dropped some corn in front of a camera on a good run. Its been there 2 days and nothings touched it. I'm just completely at a loss right now. Looks like a big rainstorm coming through Tuesday and Wednesday. With this weather we've only got today and tomorrow to get it done.